What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (45 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Winner winner chicken dinner!
May I present to you for the second consecutive year... Best import at a local car show here in Salem Oregon.

20190713_144401.jpg

Bad vibration on "miss dirty blue" rear end (my bj42) cause by an aftermarket u-joint failure.
I know the PO change perfectly good factory rear u-joints back in 2005 trying to cure vibration just to find later he need degree shims

Im still running the factory 1979 on my fj40 with a chevy tpi 350 and 35" tires

New one from kurt are on the way

20190714_121842.jpg

Did nothing other than add stickers :meh: and gas ... always adding gas :)

Conferr sticker is on my 1/4 trailer ... have two more to go on my bench seat and Jerry can holder ... they need to get cleaned up however before a sticker goes on them lol

The toyota one is a repro of a 79’ dealer promotional ... late 70’s to early 80’s

Maybe some remember them?

Conferr ones are also repro

876EEDF3-B3D1-4F8D-B1BF-493112F8C76D.jpeg
CD730F89-83F5-4799-A5B5-6EDCAFEEA94F.jpeg

With summer not too far around the corner, I thought I better make a start on cleaning up the AC I had purchased. It was in surprisingly good nic and came up quite nicely. Now I should be able to get the mrs in it on those 45 degree days!

View attachment 2029290

Read this and my first thought was, "who turns on the AC when it's only 45 degrees outside?!?!?!"

Read your Location and it made more sense, as did the comment about summer "not too far around the corner."

Helps to remind myself occasionally that Mud is a world-wide forum!

dad came up and we organized parts in prep for the re-build o_O .The 3 year old said "are there 4 parts?" I replied "no more like 4000..."

IMG_0887.JPG
IMG_0888.JPG
IMG_0889.JPG

Looking like something!

Yes, the alternator bracket is missing. My buddy is welding a much better one than the PO one today.
Slave is out getting a new hose made. I've waited on the hard line until I have the hose.
Steering box is keeping me from putting on sheet metal. (dammit) It leaks like a sieve.

I took the hardtop off after installing a lift on my garage ceiling. It all went according to plan until i used too much force (and forgot the B-Pillar bolts) and damaged the hardtop fiberglass :/ I feel that it is going to be an expensive one to repair, but that's be another thread.
In the meantime, here it is topless:

I took the hardtop off after installing a lift on my garage ceiling. It all went according to plan until i used too much force (and forgot the B-Pillar bolts) and damaged the hardtop fiberglass :/ I feel that it is going to be an expensive one to repair, but that's be another thread.

View attachment 2030723
I hope the repair isn’t going to be too costly or difficult.

I don’t think I’ve had my top off in 8 years... but this summer will be the one. The kids are bigger and I’m hoping to clear out the garage enough to park it inside if it gets wet out. In these parts it’ll rain within a few days of pulling the roof off. I miss the summer I had it in the interior... more than five weeks topless without a single wet trip. It’d be even more fun now with a low mileage ‘70 four bolt 350 rather than a well loved 1.5 F... miss that old F, but that’s another story from a different time.

View attachment 2030723

You'll get more air and stay cooler with the doors off too.

I hope the repair isn’t going to be too costly or difficult.

I don’t think I’ve had my top off in 8 years... but this summer will be the one. The kids are bigger and I’m hoping to clear out the garage enough to park it inside if it gets wet out. In these parts it’ll rain within a few days of pulling the roof off. I miss the summer I had it in the interior... more than five weeks topless without a single wet trip. It’d be even more fun now with a low mileage ‘70 four bolt 350 rather than a well loved 1.5 F... miss that old F, but that’s another story from a different time.

Not sure how bad it is yet

First picture is my setup, second one is a bit of a closer look. The seam of the fiberglass top. The driver side ripped, or came undone, or something in between. I was planning on having work done on the top already, as I want to get rid of these diamond plates and there are a couple rust points that I want to address. Hopefully I can find someone to fix the fiberglass :/
Advice and opinions appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom