Builds Previously known as the 'One Week Resto' now Pathetically keeping it alive... 500k (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

JohnnyC

Long ago TLCA# 2231
Threads
JohnnyC's Quickto Resto 3 (The almost one week resto)

Well its been a long time coming...cant take the rust anymore :)

I have owned my DD for 18+ years and its now going on its 3rd resto. The second owner did one (Bondo Queen) just before I bought it 18 years ago. In 97? Tyke Moses put new rear sides on the rear and we saved my floors...but the second resto really came when I rolled it a year later...so new front fenders and all new rear floors....drivers floor and pass floor were OK to keep.

about 100,000 miles since the sides were put on (97) took its toll:meh:

This is going to be a quick-o-resto need to get it done in a week. Fatherly responsabilities kinda slow things down :D

And a few pics of the destruction of salt over the years.
IMG_4605.jpg
IMG_4606.jpg
IMG_4607.jpg

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to your resto. It's a good thing you have all of that history and literature to fall back on if you get stuck on anything:). (Remember when they only used sand on the roads in New York State:hmm:.)

looks like rust loved your truck long time ( in my asian female voice)

Barn doors off a pre 72. Rear corner reflectors off a later model. Same with the windshield rest from the hood. A strange third extention handle for the jack. I'm beginning to think a few of your parts did not come on your vehicle from the factory.:rolleyes: These old drive trains just seem to run forever. To bad you can't say the same for the bodies. That is unless your in Arizona:bounce:

Good luck Johnny, I'll be watching this thread.

:cheers:

looks like rust loved your truck long time ( in my asian female voice)

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! That's funny.:D

Good luck, can't wait to see the after pics. Those before look pretty bad. I'm just glad I'm not the only one that rode around with that much rust. I've taken care of a lot of it.:cheers:

Barn doors off a pre 72. Rear corner reflectors off a later model. Same with the windshield rest from the hood. A strange third extention handle for the jack. I'm beginning to think a few of your parts did not come on your vehicle from the factory.:rolleyes: These old drive trains just seem to run forever. To bad you can't say the same for the bodies. That is unless your in Arizona:bounce:

Good luck Johnny, I'll be watching this thread.

:cheers:

yes its a mix mash of parts over the years...third handle is actually for a 2 ton floor jack that i keep in the truck...painted the handle to match oem ones:D

the rear barn door i always thought were from my year...found out later that wasnt the case...yes pre 72.

the bows are from a 1964

hood from a 64

markers from a 64

windshield bumpers from an fj45 78? got them from Stainless 40/45 about 16 years ago...the second owner brazed the holes for bumpers and hold downs closed ....i opened them up and but that stuff on it.

i have a windshield frame to put on...mine is tost...from a 72....as well as new to me barn doors also from a 72.

come to think of it alot of the parts that I got from stainless40/45 are still being used on the truck today....like the rear heater...some switches...rear light guards...and much more.

yea my truck loved the snow....not so much the salt however...my DD for these years has seen my parents and 2 brothers go thru 14 cars....not too bad :)

ohhh and some more pics...grinder with wire wheel is my friend...except for the one finger thats now bleeding with a really bad rugburn :meh:
IMG_4618.jpg
IMG_4616.jpg
IMG_4617.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom