my "new" 1984 bj42 Miss dirty blue

jim land

SILVER Star
Just got this bj42 today and i'm really excited , 3b, factory ps, h55, ome suspension, gozzard tub, fenders windshield frame. need some work and love but it is drivable like this.

i will give you more detail later.

P1030229.JPG

sweet, and its immortal, 3b and Gozzard tub/etc, OME ... lol ... congrats ... enjoy ...

jim land

SILVER Star
hello , im the new owner of this 42 ,my old friend Claude ,a retired CL415 pilot bought it new back in 84 and use it since to travel and daily driving , in the summer of 2000 we both start frame off and gozzard body kit on my 77 and his 84 ,i rented him a space in my garage ,working side by side helping each other , it took 3 years .

now my friend is 73 years old and need a more confortable ride , his wife dont drive manual and he need to get to the hospital frequently for health problem and she need to drive him , he dont have energy to work and take care of his bj42 anymore , so he came to me and tell me im going to be the new owner of his old love, he said ( you're the only one i know of that will really take care of this truck and you always want it)
he make me an offer that i can't refuse ,he live near my home and he is happy to keep an eye on it ,he also keep one key to keep a tie with it.

im DD it for a week now and i love it , i need to repair rust on the top , knuckle rebuild , small leaks, and rear bumper got some rust too.
i personally prefer earth tone color but for now i drive it :steer: ,no big changes for this year .

next time it will be more tech and pics.

P1030258.JPG
P1030255.JPG
P1030241.JPG

TCSTARK

Master Debater & Cunning Linguist
Beautiful 42! I also have a Gozzard tub on my BJ42 that I am in the process of restoring. I would love to see a picture of how the front door stops were installed. Can you take a picture up close of the front and back of the door stop. Specifically how it is mounted from the rear of the door frame?

She looks a beaut!!! :clap:

Did you take that photo with a swing and tilt lens set ? Squishy lens ? how many miles on that rig ? Good story , I bet there are a few guys who are jealous of it sure .

jim land

SILVER Star
TCSTARK
i will take pic to show you how it is mounted , i notice alots of flex in the pillar when the door hit the end of the stop so i plan to make something to make it stiffer

is your friend a mud member? i have seen this truck before i think

no is not on mud , i post some pics of it in the past in a thread about mat paint and maybe an other about gozzard

Did you take that photo with a swing and tilt lens set ? Squishy lens ? how many miles on that rig ? Good story , I bet there are a few guys who are jealous of it sure .

the pic : lumix ts4 on mini effect setting
miles : the speedo show 320 000km but my friend repair the odo in the past and he told me it is more like 500 000km
now i know why people want a diesel ,it purrs like a kitten

Last edited:

I think we need a dedicated thread on "Owners Manuals and other glove-box paraphernalia supplied with new 40-series Land Cruisers"..

I've got orange and green Owners Manuals but I've never seen a blue one like this before.

Apart from the cover-colour, the front cover image and booklet content changed quite a bit over the production life of the 40-series.. And at present we have very little information on this site (for owners to refer to) as to which glovebox booklets were given to owners of which models in which countries.

:beer:

MrMoMo

That's not rust, it's Canadian patina...
I think the blue one is English/French - if I recall my '84 BJ60 had a blue manual (though there was not much left of it!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom