What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (50 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I restored the King of all Choke Cables , coming in at a staggering 97cm Centimeters in Length , this Puppy has some Reach & still retains

Positive control from Knob to Air Horn Butterfly shaft

New Modern Black Housing / Liner was installed into a Restored guide tube receiver , & New stainless steel strand wire type Cable is attached

back on the D-groove Pull shaft . The knob received Passionate Love for period correct detail

i polished out the billet Aluminum trim ring Bezel on my mini lathe

Thick thick solid brass end cap Ferrell staked-on period correct

Retainer hex nut female threads were chased with Tap

DSCN9745.JPG
DSCN9746.JPG
DSCN9749.JPG
DSCN9751.JPG
DSCN9752.JPG

Last edited:
Pinion Seal.JPG

Changed out the front pinion seal a couple of weeks back. Finally re-installed the front driveshaft and refilled the diff. No leaks after a pretty good test drive. Pic shows Ol' No. 38 clamped to the flange and my floor jack pushing up on a 3/4 breaker bar. I tried it the other way round but even bouncing my body weight on the breaker wouldn't budge the nut.

This is about to go down... 3:10pm Sat Nov 10... :)

20181110_150906.jpg

Bottoms done with pass side , almost done with back rest.

That string thing was crazy. I felt like a contortionist...

Do I remove the string afterwards?
20181110_172147.jpg
20181110_172105.jpg

Wait, you’re selling it already???

What’s next in line?
Yup, that's my retirement hobby. Buy something cool, make it nice, sell it. Then find the next needy project. No telling what I'll do next, depends on what I find that piques my interest. Could be anything, really, I've got really broad tastes. The one just prior to the FJ40 was a Porsche 914...

cfc47d3f-4ab7-4496-805b-f1315301f35f-jpeg.1582244

Annnnnnnd I'm done!!!
8:23 pm...

Used #6 1/2 inch stainless steel screws with finishing washers. Turned out sweet! Installing them tomorrow.

I'm finally going to be able to sit in the 64... woot!

20181110_201952.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom