What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (35 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

But it IS hot..........there is no Utopia

At least it isn't 95-100* with dew points in the mid to upper 70's, that is the killer part about Maryland.

Thanks! I have @Coolerman working on a Fusable Link right now...I'll ask him too add this as well.

I am chasing the same gremlins. My Taillight circuit is shorted somewhere. When I put the fuse in the block, I smell hot wires behind the dash. Fixed fuseable links nightmare wiring, now I need to get under the taillights and clean that up. I suspect that is where my issue is.

@RWBeringer4x4 you might want to consider AZ. Phoenix has tons of science/tech jobs, and no rusty Cruisers

But it IS hot..........there is no Utopia

“It’s a DRY HEAT” as they say... I was out in Tucson a couple years ago for a trade show and a couple of European scientists actually died from underestinating just how hot it gets!

That said, I love Tucson - been there a couple times - I’ve only flown through Phoenix.

At least it isn't 95-100* with dew points in the mid to upper 70's, that is the killer part about Maryland.

Sitting on my deck drinking a beer right now - it’s 75, zero humidity, and sunny. Granted this is the second nice day in about 3 months...but every now and then even Maryland gets it right.

@rkymtnflyfisher yes the combination of the heat and humidity is the real killer. That said we have high heat and super low humidity which gives us a lower heat index actually. But, 112 is 112!!! Ha ha

Are you adding any Zinc additive to that? This is what I used because these engines have flat tappets. The theory being:

"With you having a hydraulic flat tappet camshaft, Edelbrock will suggest for you to add a 12 0z bottle at every oil change interval, no problem combining the additive to synthetic oil, but for your flat tappet camshaft to live for many miles, you should add a bottle at oil change time, every time, if you do not, you have the chance of the camshaft going to possibly getting a flat lobe"

This Is The LUCAS Additive I use in every Oil change , On every Toyota Vehical I own , from A 1983 2F FJ43L-KC to my late

modle's 2005 Tundra 4.7 & 2002 Tacoma 3.4

The Science behind LUCAS products is solid , I have been using Them for many years With No Issues or problems , & that's

what supposed to happen

This is There " Pure Synthetic " Oil stabilizer Additive

DSCN7461.JPG
DSCN7462.JPG

DSCN7463.JPG

Some pics my super sweet "barn find"/"survivor" 79 FJ40.

I bought it from a guy in Indiana and to date have cured it of a mild case of monstertruckitis as well as new brakes and cooling components.

There is some tuning work that needs to be done but for now it starts, runs, stops and makes my girls laugh the whole time they are riding in it.

Some before and after pics and the pit crew.

0420181530.jpg

0615181534b.jpg

0615181542.jpg

0615182029g.jpg

New Shoes.
IMG_20180615_201915.jpg

17x7 wheels off someone FJ cruiser and 255/75r17 BFGs, which I've been seeing quite a few for sale locally (probably from teenage girls wanting to wider tires on their brand new jeeps). The offset on the wheels seems to work on the front no problem, rear required 1" spacer more them away from the tub, but I'm now looking for an FJ60 housing as a more permanent solution.

Last week's project was the Bestop doors. Still a little incomplete, trying to get the hinge pins out from the hard doors, I had to move the windshield a bit, and broke the knob off the screw (I think the former owner only had 1 holding it up?). So, for now the windshield if zip tied to the roll cage... And once that's resolved (or maybe before) there's a new (to me) pair of leather seats (with heating) in the back from some 2000'ish bm'er.

Last edited:
Traded a misfit gusset and a demonish gusset for two holy ones. And built most of an exhaust

20180614_103633.jpg
20180614_185157.jpg
20180614_132607.jpg
20180614_185527.jpg

Scored some OEM soft top bows and doors for Old Blue. Patina matching Capri Blue, what are the odds? Also put some BFG KM2's with powder-coated stock wheels on. Cleaning it up a little at a time.

IMG_3716.JPG

IMG_3776.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom