PNW 76 Green PIG (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

KingAir Driver

SILVER Star
Threads
Hey all, I've now ventured into the world of FJ55 ownership with this 76' Pig. I picked it up a few weeks ago and wanted to throw up a thread in this section. I left for overseas the same day I purchased it, so I don't have a lot of details or pictures until I get back home in January. All I know is it runs, drives, been repainted like a 40, all original (roll bar installed, wagon wheel rims), and starting to show rust in the usual spots. I wonder if there's a cure for this sickness, 2 40's and a 55 now... arg.

Without further ado...

Resized.jpg

IMG_3356.JPG

Is that you garage/shop?

looks quite large.

55 looks great...(after you put the stock wheels back on)

I wish it was my shop. My 40 is getting restored at this shop and the owner picked up the 55 to store while I'm away.

Last edited:
Welcome to the club and there is no cure, but we have a great support group. She looks like a good one and you'll have just enough time to sort her out to meet up at the Pig Party!

View attachment 1572017 Crazy. Same paint mine has

Wow. Talk about twins.

Welcome to the club and there is no cure, but we have a great support group. She looks like a good one and you'll have just enough time to sort her out to meet up at the Pig Party!

I'll definitely be in this section more once I get home and start delving into it. The thing with my job is I rotate overseas, so I'm gone more than I'm home. I'll see what I can do though.

Received an engine shot and another interior shot.:clap: Looks like p/s and aftermarket vents under the dash. The factory blower is missing as well. Gotta love the outstanding paint job and overspray. :confused: Three more weeks until I get home and can go over it!

IMG_3417.JPG

IMG_3414.JPG

PS is sooooo nice. I wish I had it...are those floor mats fj55 floor mats? not the big floor covering, but the individual floor well mats...

They look like they were produced for that floorpan profile, is what I’m driving to...like maybe they are an dealer optional vehicle specific dealeo... they look to fit rather well...

PS is sooooo nice. I wish I had it...are those floor mats fj55 floor mats? not the big floor covering, but the individual floor well mats...
Looking at the drivers side pic above I'd guess no, but curious if individual mats were ever offered?

Betcha just can't wait for that first good look at it!

Finally got around to checking out the Pig. June/1976 model. Overall she's a 100' looker, but as you get closer it goes downhill. Spray paint job, half-assed body work and some rust. Starts and runs which is good. All the floors seem in good condition, front lower fenders need replaced and behind the rear doors near rockers. Probably more patch work hiding behind bondo. The interior and headliner are well kept, but rear hatch doesn't work. Need to dive into it more!

IMG_3572.JPG

IMG_3576.JPG

IMG_3577.JPG

IMG_3571.JPG

The former Blue and White colors poking through.

IMG_3574.JPG

Overall she's a 100' looker, but as you get closer it goes downhill.

Welcome to the party, after my 14 month just make it better than is was restoration it’s still a 100’ footer.

If you want a concourse show stopper you probably started with the wrong car, if you want to put a smile on your face and everyone you come in contact with then lets agree that a 100’ footer is good enough and let this group of pig lovers help you get this pig up, running and putting miles under its belly. I’ve seen some very nice pigs come from less complete donors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom