What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (45 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@gator25 great work on the 40 and I'm diggin' the K5 in the back ground! You even painted the rims my favorite color!!

Today I dropped by a local airport for a photo opp with Sampson and my favorite WWII bomber.

IMG_1785.JPG

Had a similar problem with the Man-A-Fre down pipe a few months ago. When the muffler shop tried to install it one pipe was about 3/4" short and it was cocked towards the inside of the frame and would hit the tranny. Luckily the muffler shop was good enough to rebuild it like it should have been made in the first place and it works well.

@gator25 great work on the 40 and I'm diggin' the K5 in the back ground! You even painted the rims my favorite color!!

@David1947 I think remember reading that post, I thought the one I had was going to be ok. Then when I went to hook it back up the outside bend on the long tube (the pipe that bolts to the front header) was hitting the frame, nothing worked. Heated it up and moved that outside bend inward probably 1/2", tried twisting it, Steve the guy at the exhaust shop ended up just cutting both tubes off the collector and rebuilding them.

Thanks @76 FJ40, yea man that K5s got a nice SB 400 in it. PO before the guy I'm working on it for had the long block built then did a terrible job putting the rest of it together. He had me put the suspension under it along with some gears and build the T-case last time it was in. I like it too, its pretty strong.

Drove it a wee bit for the first time since the newer motor went in. :D It'll easily crawl along at idle in 3rd gear high range... 4th wasn't bad till it hit a small slope, then it started to get unhappy. Still need to get my timing light back from a friend who borrowed it. It was a tad bit loud, but it sounded very happy. Added to the list of things to fix before it can be driven on the road... who really needs a speedo or working gauges.

electrical experts - i have a problem that needs sorting. i put a new wiring harness in my 82 HJ47 2h diesel. now after i put in the new wiring harness and connected everything up, i put the battery back in and went to fire is up. nothing at all. everything is completely non functional. so i did some continuity tests and found the fuse box to have power to it. other than this i am completely lost. must be something stupid. but what? before i put the harness in i checked all the plugs and made sure that they were good. all the wires are there, really need some help. cheers

IMG_6599.JPG
My Toy is not as high as some but over the years it sure feels like it has gotten higher. Especially for my wife. She broke a hip in a bicycle accident some years ago and it is a hard stretch for her getting in so we bought a step-stool. It works but is a pain folding, unfolding and stowing so I built this.
IMG_6600.JPG
It sort of looks like it was based on a bear trap but it is no more hassle than the step-stool. A little less in my opinion. I looked at permanent steps but don't want something always hanging down waiting to get snagged.
IMG_6601.JPG
The shiny spot is the only hole I reluctantly drilled for the pin that give extra stability.
IMG_6603.JPG
It sets snugly on the running board and holds up my fat behind. I am going to put a rubber stop on the top where it hooks over the door jam. Right now the door will close with the step in place. The rubber stop will be just enough to keep the door from latching and hopefully keep me from driving off with out removing the step.
IMG_6605.JPG
It sets pretty good on the floorboard. The next thing I need to make an easy to use strap to hold it in place when not being used.

nothing :(

electrical experts - i have a problem that needs sorting. i put a new wiring harness in my 82 HJ47 2h diesel. now after i put in the new wiring harness and connected everything up, i put the battery back in and went to fire is up. nothing at all. everything is completely non functional. so i did some continuity tests and found the fuse box to have power to it. other than this i am completely lost. must be something stupid. but what? before i put the harness in i checked all the plugs and made sure that they were good. all the wires are there, really need some help. cheers

Is there a fusible link between the battery positive and the harness, on the passenger fender (LHD... I presume RHD to be wired the same way, just mirrored)... Is the fusible link any good? If it's burned out, you lose electrical power.

Maybe @Coolerman or @bj40green can also provide insight.

Made a trip to Colorado to see some family and had to stop by classic cruisers in Salida. Pretty cool place ! Also picked up some parts. They are in the process of installing a Cummings 12 valve in a fj47.
That would more than likely be Micah doing the installation. When my 3FE was being rebuilt at Empire Engines in Albuquerque Micah was renting a bay in the shop and I got a peek at one of his diesel Land Cruiser conversion. Shortly after that Micah moved to Salida and started working at Classic Cruisers. And Empire Engines is rebuilding a couple of 2Fs a month for them.

That would more than likely be Micah doing the installation. When my 3FE was being rebuilt at Empire Engines in Albuquerque Micah was renting a bay in the shop and I got a peek at one of his diesel Land Cruiser conversion. Shortly after that Micah moved to Salida and started working at Classic Cruisers. And Empire Engines is rebuilding a couple of 2Fs a month for them.
Yes! Spoke with Micah for quite awhile. Real nice guy! Apparently he was finishing up this conversion that someone else had started.

IMG_0372.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom