What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (44 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

also picked up this turd..... happy days. the other palet happens to be a 5 cogger.

IMG_20170915_080035.jpg

IMG_20170915_080901.jpg

also, someone once put a 60 turbo taco in a factory 40 one, anyone know where i can find the thread? i think it was a 40 troopy with a 12ht. i would love to do this. any ideas?

okay guys, cruiser tech heads and knowledgeable people, :);) i need some help. this wiring harness out of a 82 hj47 (not super glow) is about to go into my truck. I've got everything ready but need to know where the wire in the bottom of the pic goes. its the small diameter white and blue cable. this is the engine wiring harness... any ideas?View attachment 1537915
The small White/Blue runs from N Alternator to N Voltage Regulator.
The fat White/Blue runs from B Alternator to fusible link to the Battery.
There are a few more White/Blue wires in that circuit.
A small one between B Voltage Regulator and the fat one.
A small one between the IGN key and the fat one.
A small one between the other side of the fusible link and the fuse box to the Ammeter.
Pick your choice.

1981 BJ40, BJ43 & HJ47.JPG

Rudi

It's alive :D
Valves need to be adjusted, timing needs to be set, and a dozen other things.
IMG_6564.JPG

How much to re-core that rad. Just curious as that is not an Oem rad.
Those aftermarket rads aren't that expensive brand new , just curious.

$405, tried to get original replacement but every place I tried had nothing & I didn't want to go aluminum so re-core it is.
while the radiator is out we (well my sparky mate is) rewiring the lighting system to upgrade old wiring & get some spotlights on the front.
IMG_9782.JPG
IMG_9784.JPG

I was going post these the other day, been super busy. I noticed when modifying the heat shield, that the holes in the carb gasket we got from SOR were the same size. Looks like it would have interfered with secondary butterfly so it got opened up.
DSCN1434.JPG
Here it is on the insulator.
DSCN1439.JPG
Got the front springs changed out with some medium hvy. OME from cruiser outfitters @cruiseroutfit, thanks for y'alls patience.
DSCN1449.JPG

Those things are beefy! The more everyone talked about what they wanted on the front, I believe we went with the right ones.
Hooked up the coolant pipe we got from @65swb45. Ran the engine for the last time on the stand, engine sounds really good. Vacuum advance is ran off ported vacuum at the Troll Hole carb. Set the timing 10* BTC, seems to be ok there. Cranked her in gear with the T-case in 4 hi and then in 4 Lo. All is good.
DSCN1451.JPG

DSCN1448.JPG

Then it was off the stand.
DSCN1452.JPG

Had to remove the Man-A-Fre 2 into 1 pipe to get it in the frame.
DSCN1459.JPG

Squated the springs all of 1". The 2 into 1 would not go back on. We got a friend of mine who owns a exhaust shop to fix her up.
DSCN1465.JPG

Little better look. I'll build a heat shield for her, its a little high but l think it'll be ok. Hope these pics. help someone out there.
DSCN1466.JPG

IMG_6497.JPG
IMG_6501.JPG
I built a new backup light, pulled the steering column covers and painted to match body color, made a center console, and put in a new fire extinguisher. Fixed the horn relay and adjusted the head lights. Had to replace one of the nylon nuts that had pulled out making the left headlight point down. Did a bunch of other stuff that in the future will probably be referred to as what the PO did.

Had a similar problem with the Man-A-Fre down pipe a few months ago. When the muffler shop tried to install it one pipe was about 3/4" short and it was cocked towards the inside of the frame and would hit the tranny. Luckily the muffler shop was good enough to rebuild it like it should have been made in the first place and it works well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom