What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (80 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finished my lift. But after I installed the caster plates I know have the steering arm touching the radius arms. It drives great though. However I have an occasional driveshaft vibe on deceleration (could be the steering arms(. Exploring options to remove some of the caster. Thinking I'll trade a perfect caster for better driveshaft angle and no rub. Also looking at Manafre drop brackets for the radius arms or aftermarket arms. May just remove the plates for now. The journey continues.

View attachment 2472665

View attachment 2472668
As was mentioned already, just do a little grinding to the top of the arms to clear the tie rod.

Went to the beach (again)....

20201021_073653 (Medium).jpg

20201021_075850 (Medium).jpg

20201021_080057 (Medium).jpg

20201021_080112 (Medium).jpg

20201021_081651 (Medium).jpg

Wrapped up a hidden winch with an M8000 on the Oddball80 today using a harbor freight plate. I’d say it took about 6 hours tip to toe. A lot of that time was dicking with the generic crappy plate. Word is Trail Tailor will have a plate soon and that will make it easier.

Step by step in my build thread in signature

View attachment 2471137

View attachment 2471138
That's the way I want to have a winch..with the stock bumper because I am totally fine with my bumper and don't have $2+k for another one. HTFU Trail Tailor!! haha

After troubleshooting code 25 (lean air), I wrestled the exhaust manifold off and watched the donut gaskets crumble to dust, the manifold gaskets were shot too. After looking the manifold over, it wasn’t cracked, but pretty warped. I used it as an excuse to get with Dugan over at ACC Toyota. I’m pretty pleased.View attachment 2471343
That looks like it's good for about +50 HP!

Ha! That’d be awesome. I honestly didn’t notice a huge difference at first, but I can comfortably cruise at 80mph at 2.3k rpms though...I might be wrong but I’m pretty sure that wasn’t possible before.

I am like 2800 at 80😳, all stock.

I deleted the egr too. To be fair, ours was pretty clogged whenever I took it off, so honestly I’m not sure if removing a clean one would make much of a difference. I’m feeling pretty good about those numbers though. :D

oops, I forgot I also did the EGR and PAIR delete.

those headers are pretty nice, but not at that price point for me though. I would be pushing $2000 Canuck dollars by the time they reached me😱

oops, I forgot I also did the EGR and PAIR delete.

those headers are pretty nice, but not at that price point for me though. I would be pushing $2000 Canuck dollars by the time they reached me😱

Yeah they’re right at 2 hours away from me. We’ll probably never turbo either, so this is also the peak of performance for us.

Changed the brake and used the Speedy Bleed for the first time. Super easy.

View attachment 2472460View attachment 2472461

Did some driving to ensure the breaks were good, and started to hear some "clunking" when I turn. Got home, inspected and the boots on the tie rods ends have holes. Ordered the Three Five tie rods from Cruiser Outfitters, and waiting for tie rod/drag link from Slee (Tried just replacing them but they are so old and I don't have all the proper tools to break loose the ends from the sleeves. Pro tip: cheaper to buy all new stuff than take it to a shop)

View attachment 2472468

Sitting at home for another few days and being impatient, I did a little more painting.

View attachment 2472471
Dude , how funny is that but I just ordered the same speedi-bleeder on Tues but won't arrive till next week! I hope it works for me, I replaced brakes, calipers, & soft brake lines in the front and still have some air. My gf hates helping me bleed the brakes.

Dude , how funny is that but I just ordered the same speedi-bleeder on Tues but won't arrive till next week! I hope it works for me, I replaced brakes, calipers, & soft brake lines in the front and still have some air. My gf hates helping me bleed the brakes.
Yeah it works pretty good. I also just got the stainless steel break lines that I need to install, but im back to work now. Its starting to get a little cold here, so in need to hurry up so I don't freeze.

We wheeled about
ABF75775-9B08-4F79-A036-85B7D704DAB1.jpeg
BC66ECB3-3E8C-4793-B6BD-D3CCD39483EE.jpeg
9DF2C375-EE88-4EA2-906A-7C2114666F05.jpeg
9C925E63-4DEA-4C63-BDAF-D972D55BCE50.jpeg
B2F1C58D-93E8-4E5D-88C8-659F75F86949.jpeg
200 miles of dirt with friends. Elephant hill, Beef basin and back to Moab via Lockhart basin.

Changed the brake and used the Speedy Bleed for the first time. Super easy.

View attachment 2472460View attachment 2472461

Did some driving to ensure the breaks were good, and started to hear some "clunking" when I turn. Got home, inspected and the boots on the tie rods ends have holes. Ordered the Three Five tie rods from Cruiser Outfitters, and waiting for tie rod/drag link from Slee (Tried just replacing them but they are so old and I don't have all the proper tools to break loose the ends from the sleeves. Pro tip: cheaper to buy all new stuff than take it to a shop)

View attachment 2472468

Sitting at home for another few days and being impatient, I did a little more painting.

View attachment 2472471
looking forward to seeing this rig. We will be at Tuttle the 6-8th of November. Hope you can come out and play.

What did you do with your 80 this weekend: maintenance, fix, wheel, nothing, new mod??

Me:
Checked air in tires
Change oil&filter 180,000
Fill gas tank
Waiting on box of parts from Beno
Replaced radiator with KOYORAD, OEM hoses and clamps, fixed broken fan shroud w/rivets and metal strap

Greased uni's & slide joints, we are still in lockdown (since March) and limited to 25km radius from home so cant really do much - hopefully the news tomorrow will be good from the Gov as I have a few days off work coming up and am hoping to move the lever from H to L in the Vic countryside

I also replaced my radiator a couple of weeks back with a KoyoRad one as well and the LPG converter which had a faulty seal internally - truck is running like a dream now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom