Anyone happen to know this rig? (white FZJ Orlando area) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Local dealer in Orlando sent it to my shop for paint before putting it on the lot, but I might buy it as is, so I brought it home for an overnight test drive :cool:

whiteFZJ80TestDrive.JPG

whiteFZJ80TestDrive2.JPG

whiteFZJ80TestDrive3.JPG

whiteFZJ80TestDrive4.JPG

whiteFZJ80TestDrive5.JPG

whiteFZJ80TestDrive6.JPG

whiteFZJ80TestDrive7.JPG

Factory Locked (they engaged instantly) and the only mods I've noticed are ventshades, bug deflectors and a K&N filter....

Just curious, does anyone here happen to know this rig?

Don't know it but....

Looks good. I didn't see any overly obvious reasons for a paint job?

Dude I would buy it before the paint job, if you don't pm me with what they want. I haven't seen an 80 with that mileage and lockers up here in maine for a long time.

Plus before the paint job it should be cheaper right? I am just going to scratch it and dent it anyway

John

Dude I would buy it before the paint job, if you don't pm me with what they want.

That's the thing, this dealer is very particular with the vehicles they sell, so every trade-in gets new paint, a full detail and just about anything that looks old gets replaced before it goes on the lot....

There are only a few rock chips on the hood and bumper, but since they're paying us to do the work anyways, it's a win win situation ;)

Gunna put her on the lift later today to see what lies beneath and also measure the chassis to see if she's ever been tweaked....

Not worried at all though since I already put 80 miles on her and she drives like brand new :)

OK, how's this for stupidity :rolleyes:

Hood and fenders were repainted without issue, but the bumper and caps were painted a couple days later and our painter looked up 4 Runner instead of Land Cruiser on the paint mixing computer and ended up painting them the wrong f#cking color :mad:

Before:

TLCbumperbefore.JPG

TLCbumperbefore2.JPG

TLCbumperbefore3.JPG

After:

TLCbumperafter.JPG

TLCbumperafter2.JPG

TLCbumperafter3.JPG

TLCbumperafter4.JPG

TLCbumperafter5.JPG

Now it looks like total dog****, but since I plan on welding on some gear and repainting them in flat black next week, it doesn't really matter :rolleyes:

Just had to get new paint on it to pass the dealer's inspection, but I still have to wait a few more days cause they're replacing the chipped windshield, 4 shocks and a few interior items before I bring her home for good :cool:

Rick

Yikes...that contrast looks worse than I was thinking it would....

Arent they going to charge the buyer (even you) more than what they paid for the paint job?

I would think that painting it part would be a lose situation if youre buying it..

Yikes...that contrast looks worse than I was thinking it would....

Arent they going to charge the buyer (even you) more than what they paid for the paint job?

I would think that painting it part would be a lose situation if youre buying it..

Nope, already worked things out with my inside guy at the dealer :cool:

He's been on our payroll for the past 2 years and gives us 5-8 cars a day for bodywork/paint whether they need it or not ;)

Told him to keep an eye out for any 80 series rigs and he definitely came through for me :grinpimp:

By giving us the rig for work, it gave me a chance to really look over every single detail and point out any flaws before deciding on it :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom