What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (47 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is that a Range Rover Sport side vent? Looks similar to my '11 Autobiography. :D

View attachment 1929992
They are indeed. I have always been a little torn about them but the heat that pours out of them is phenomenal so I know they sure help with cooling. I am a Land Rover fan so a little mixing of DNA is OK.

Splish splashed through some TN hills.

First trail day with the 80 since i picked it up a few months ago. Probably her first trail day ever. She spent her early years as a city cruiser. Out near four peaks in AZ with my brother @ncavi10

D12FB981-9AE8-4FA0-8CC0-FC207AFA9A43.jpeg
3D510DE1-4950-4416-A395-7DA32EF8EA85.jpeg
BCE9B328-5B15-4637-84F9-454A2387C726.jpeg

09814C1C-BE39-459B-B54B-661F3B876BC3.jpeg

Last edited:
A local mudder cut out a few "kits" for a rear panhard bracket on his plasma table and I ended up with one of them. Similar to the Delta bracket but this one isn't completely bolt in and one edge is welded to the upper control arm bracket on the axle. There's a "safety" weld on the original panhard bracket but probably isn't necessary. I was planning to get the Delta one but this was offered to me and I happily snatched it up. Used a stock panhard with it to replace the adjustable one I've had.

Seems to be a minor improvement in handling over the adjustable panhard. I'll be honest, I was expecting a more noticeable change based on the feedback I've heard from others after getting the rear panhard leveled off. The "wiggle" that is described from the rear end of the truck that does not have a level panhard when hitting bumps was not that pronounced on my truck to begin with. I have to assume that the Slinky suspension and HD rear swaybar were controlling the back end pretty well, but this panhard bracket does seem to make the rear of the truck feel a bit more settled. So I think it's a worthwhile mod. I look forward to getting it out in the dirt and see how it behaves on some fast tracks.

Stock vs adjustable panhard
Untitled by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

small difference in length

Welded up the bracket.

In the truck

Little paint

New OEM bolts for the frame side bracket on the top of the new axle bracket. Reused the original axle bracket to hold the lower end of the new bracket.

There is interference with the Axle bolt and nut with the Slinky coil. One solution is to lift the frame of the truck to open up the suspension and slide the bolt in from the front with the nut on the back side. If you needed to remove it you would need to open up the suspension the same way to get it out. I chose to machine about 1/2" off the end of the bolt and about 1/8" off the nut (it's like a 1" deep nut) and put the bolt in from the back with the nut on the forward side so that it would clear the springs and I wouldn't need to open up the suspension to remove it.

One other thing, If you look closely you'll notice I made a few slight bends (by hand) to the bracket and tube that has the ABS wire so that it would pass under this bracket.

Installed new tie rod ends, tie rod, relay rod and steering stabilizer.
Switched to rotella t6 now that the motor is broken in on dino.
Grease pumped into knuckles and checked torque on steering arm nuts. Found 2 that were a hair loose which is concerning.
Washed, vacuumed and leather treated.

Found out highway 542 up to mt Baker has chip seal coming up since they put it down when it was too cold. Covered the car and killed the paint. Going to have to do some serious work to fix the paint now.

:flipoff2: you WA DOT.

also found a tiny water leak to the inside of the rear hatch glass. Traced it up and only thing I can think is the glass seal itself is failing at the outer bottom corner. Not enough to drip inside but just fill the inside weather strip with a few drops.

We took the LC up to Sugar Pine Mountain Trail in the San Bernardino mountains on Saturday and then Berdoo trail through Joshua Tree on Sunday.

https://www.alltrails.com/explore/recording/berdoo-canyon--118

Absolutely beautiful. Never had to engage the lockers, and only got a tire in the air once. We are definitely going to have to get the A/C back working. We were fine on the trail, but the freeway, with the windows open, is pretty rough.

This was our first adventure since we got the new tires and the new radiator. Some bushes scrapped the sides, but it was an easy 4000 foot gain through rocky and sandy areas.
IMG_2482.JPG
IMG_2489.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom