What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (113 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bought one.

Got a '91 with 313k on the clock. Front axle will need to be completely gone through. 1300.00 was a good price for a project vehicle. It runs, drives, stops, passes smog, and is registered.

Fixed most (hopefully) of the vacuum leaks.
Fixed the rear door interior latch.
Stopped by Marlin Crawler and got knuckle rebuild kits.
Stopped by Trail Gear and got rubber wiper kit.
Ordered up a couple zip lockers and a 100% duty cycle Vair compressor from Amazon.
4.88s are on the way from IPOR.
Ordered up a Wits End inner axle seal tool.

View attachment 1929169
Welcome to the 3fe club, I love to see these high mileage rigs keep going. It looks like a fun project:cheers:

Phase 1 of suspension revamp project finally done after probably two years of procrastination. Hope to be completely done by May.

arms.jpg

bushings.jpg

Didn't realize until a fellow mudder told me he could see both door handles driving behind us on a trail ride. I made it home with a little more tire wear, need to research the options. It's a stock height '97
Replace and reinforce. I used a slightly larger diam tube cut in half and welded to stock arms on the bottom. Angle iron is another simple solution.

Flip it over and run the same trail. If you land just right it will be straight again. :grinpimp:

I love where this is headed....how much psi are you planning to run? Whats your exhaust set up? Did they ship this direct from Oz?

Thanks! I'm excited to get that intercooler on. Yes sir, they shipped directly from Oz. They charge for shipping but subtract tax so, their list price ends up being fairly close to the shipped price. After the intercooler install, I'm hoping to turn my stock fuel pin to the most aggressive side and see if my EGTs stay in check. (i'm guessing they will)

So far, I run my Gturbo at 18psi. It's good for 25psi but my stock air box is a little bit of a limiter. So, for now, I'll probably continue to run 18 or 20 psi.

For the exhaust, I did an inexpensive 2.5" rerouting job that got rid of all the stock bends and eliminated one of my mufflers. You can see the before here:

You can see the after here: (below the pics is a short video with the sound... you can hear the turbo more but it's still pretty quiet with my giant muffler on there)

Some pictures from a four-day Arizona borderlands traverse that we did last week. The Land Cruiser's been in the family since new - still making memories after almost three decades and many hard miles. Cheers!

IMG_7319-2.jpg

IMG_7249-2.jpg
IMG_7333-2.jpg
IMG_7150-3.jpg
IMG_6861-2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom