What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (27 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Have a safe trip. Let us know if you loop through Az this round out west. Owe you a lunch from Colorado and thanks for sticking with us over the pass when our rig was dying. It's all better now btw.
I may be rolling thru AZ I’ll hit y’all up

Quick trip to Great Smoky Mountain National Park and while there saw a Ford Excursion stuck in some light mud. Turned back to offer assistance and with a tow strap pulled it out. The Ford was 4wd but for some reason according to driver the front drive was not engaging. Unstuck family was very appreciative and we were glad to help.

View attachment 1868805 View attachment 1868806

Did it have manual hubs?

Probably not, it's a Ford, it's not supposed to work..

Florida plates? What do Floridian's know about driving in mud? Ultra?

View attachment 1868600

Replacing lights in the dash and came across the little green light where my thumb is and not sure what it is. It looks factory and one of the pop out plates has a small hole in it but it doesn’t fit. No alarm in the LC. Any ideas?
This is for your cig lighter illumination. I just fixed mine this weekend. The bracket that it connects to on the bottom back of the cig lighter is flimsy and often breaks.
It’s not that there is smaller one that goes in the cig lighter further to the right.
The 90 degree angle plug is the pos/neg for your cig lighter.

Lots of fun finding out what was wrong with cdl, ended up being actuator. New actuator yields all 3 lockers again!
8C76997E-1DBB-4A85-9297-8671BE15DA23.jpeg

Also put on the new pair of shoes, boy she needs some lift (315/75r16 on LX450 painted wheels).
9A514BBE-912C-4D53-91BA-12C7AB57A53C.jpeg

Not looking forward to troubleshooting the abs light but in time I will. More baselining tomorrow changing nearly all the fluids.

Quick trip to Great Smoky Mountain National Park and while there saw a Ford Excursion stuck in some light mud. Turned back to offer assistance and with a tow strap pulled it out. The Ford was 4wd but for some reason according to driver the front drive was not engaging. Unstuck family was very appreciative and we were glad to help.

View attachment 1868805 View attachment 1868806
which vehicle get the better gas mileage?love the color on the 80

My LC was starting with just less than a half Self every morning even at 10 Degree C.
But yesterday morning it was not taking self at all.

Called electrician, he opened its self and said lot of Carbon is there. He cleaned it well, fixed some electrical joints in it, and now its again starting with just blink of an eye.

Finally killed my ARB compressor.

ARB head office just laughed when i tried to get parts to rebuild it...looks like i've got myself a new paperweight for the desk.

Photo%203-1-19%2C%209%2010%2035%20pm.jpg

Photo%203-1-19%2C%209%2010%2012%20pm.jpg

Ashtray light

A little slow in the shop today so I pulled in the 80. I was due for an oil change and the lower oil pan was leaking so I pulled that to reseal. Looks pretty good inside.. A little dirtier than I like but I'm picky. Nothing crazy in the pan or screen, just some old gasket material and a little silicone. Doing a BG oil treatment on it for giggles.

Also ordered a new water pump. I think that may be my heat issue. When I was warming it up for the oil treatment I kept holding the hoses to see how quick they warmed up and it took forever. Even after my ultragauge said the temp was in the 180s all the hoses were still rather cool other than the upper radiator hose. It's weird that it seems to stay at the proper temp all the time. Maybe it's just not enough to circulate the heater but enough to keep the engine cool. We'll see. It looks original at 147K miles.

Stopped into redline land cruisers custom built body wider inside than an 80 series and the things in the works are straight up voodoo
DSCN8307.JPG
DSCN8309.JPG
DSCN8312.JPG
DSCN8313.JPG
DSCN8314.JPG
had BBQ with Justin and was drolllig oc=ver this "UTE" he built custom body 40 on an 80 chassis, this is magnificent. Solves my problem of not fitting into a standard 40 and then some. thats a12in wide console.

Stopped into redline land cruisers custom built body wider inside than an 80 series and the things in the works are straight up voodoo View attachment 1869485 View attachment 1869486 View attachment 1869488 View attachment 1869489 View attachment 1869490 had BBQ with Justin and was drolllig oc=ver this "UTE" he built custom body 40 on an 80 chassis, this is magnificent. Solves my problem of not fitting into a standard 40 and then some. thats a12in wide console.
Those conversions work well too. Soo much lighter than an 80 so they have some umph with the 1FZ under that aluminum body. I'd love to build one as a family wheeler. Here's Justin's rig on our SW Adventure trip a couple years ago.
IMG_0991 by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

IMG_0990 by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom