What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (37 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Installed a new to me, head unit and added a custom startup screen.
Thanks @jdayment
8663ECD8-D545-422C-8856-E6947344C856.jpeg

NEW DRIVER SIDE SEAT BELT WEBBING. My interior is dookie brown (Oak) but my new webbing is grey (95 camery). I couldn't care less. Im glad I no longer have to check my seat belt to make sure it's not gonna get slammed in the door and that I probably won't die if I crash because my s*** tier belt ripped. Next up is the passenger door dent, damn thing is hurting my door locking game.

A very rare encounter. You can drive in the desert all your life and never get to meet him the Canaanite Wolf we meet him in the deep Negev Desert an full day light it was exiting we looked eye to eye both of us of almost ancient extinct nations and after a few minutes he disappeared into the bush.

IMG_8427.JPG
IMG_8429.JPG
IMG_8430.JPG
IMG_8431.JPG
IMG_8434.JPG

it was getting dark very cold strong wind was blowing from the north we decided to use abandoned man made structures to protect the tents from the wind, this buildings are build by Israeli Army or the US army before the go to make an house call to Bin Laden like person according to intel

IMG_8284.jpg
IMG_8285.jpg
IMG_8286.jpg
IMG_8289.jpg
IMG_8378.JPG

That’s amazing brother! Nice work! I can’t wait to get into real mods, I am still neck deep in baselining this poor old thing... every time I look at her I hear Shara McLaughlin sing that super depressing song from the humane society commercials... seriously there should be a shelter for abused land cruisers!!

I agree on the shelter for abused Land Cruiser owners! However, as “boring” as it is to baseline it first, that’s still the MOST important mod their is! Keep at it.... it will be worth it in the end!

it was getting dark very cold strong wind was blowing from the north we decided to use abandoned man made structures to protect the tents from the wind, this buildings are build by Israeli Army or the US army before the go to make an house call to Bin Laden like person according to intel

View attachment 1868426 View attachment 1868427 View attachment 1868428 View attachment 1868429 View attachment 1868430

Lol...... I’ve slept in quite a few of these huts! The Village Elders always took very good care of us.

upload_2019-1-2_13-15-9.jpeg

Replacing lights in the dash and came across the little green light where my thumb is and not sure what it is. It looks factory and one of the pop out plates has a small hole in it but it doesn’t fit. No alarm in the LC. Any ideas?

Replacing lights in the dash and came across the little green light
Most likely for the cigarette lighter illumination.

View attachment 1868600

Replacing lights in the dash and came across the little green light where my thumb is and not sure what it is. It looks factory and one of the pop out plates has a small hole in it but it doesn’t fit. No alarm in the LC. Any ideas?
Possibly for the Ashtray illumination?

Probably right. I was thinking ash tray illuminating which I’ve changed. Probably cig lighter. Thanks.

Probably right. I was thinking ash tray illuminating which I’ve changed. Probably cig lighter. Thanks.

Y’all have the bulb IDs for those lights? Need to replace mine.

Bought some JDM side steps and front mudflaps off a VX that Torfab had in the back. Had to do a bit of welding to fix old rusty bolts that broke and cutting to modify the factory heat shield next to the catalytic converter. Think they turned out pretty good.

E7902F9C-057A-494F-ABA7-1EA477A7CEB9.jpeg

What the story with the section of fence/gate strapped to the back of the FJ?
Momento from the trip that one of the other guys gave him for his house lol. The whole rest of the trip we nicknamed him the gate keeper, good thing he got it on the second to last day when we met up with the rest of the group.

Last edited:
Quick trip to Great Smoky Mountain National Park and while there saw a Ford Excursion stuck in some light mud. Turned back to offer assistance and with a tow strap pulled it out. The Ford was 4wd but for some reason according to driver the front drive was not engaging. Unstuck family was very appreciative and we were glad to help.

IMG_1461.JPG
IMG_1463.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom