What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (25 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here's the link.

Gates 38009 - Belt Drive Pulley | O'Reilly Auto Parts

Gates - Belt Drive Pulley
Part Number: 38009
Line: GAT
•DriveAlign
•UPC: 72053284256
Warranty Info
1 Year Limited Warranty

It is listing for $18.99 in NC. Whats up with the 50% price increase versus your location?

Well I found the idler pulley. It is, Gates #38020

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/GATE/38020.oap?keyword=38020

Gates - Belt Drive Pulley
Part Number: 38020
Line: GAT
•DriveAlign
•UPC: 72053525748
Warranty Info
1 Year Limited Warranty
$23.99

Here are the pictures.

Also, the ribbed belt pulley #38009 has a thicker lip on one side than it does the other. This fat lip needs to face forward when installed to keep the ribs in line with the other pulleys. See pictures below.
View attachment 411153View attachment 411154View attachment 411155

Yup, Gates brand from a NC O'Reiley's although from back in 2009.
@jfz80, Here are the posts with more info and hyperlinks to the O'Reillys website

Last edited:
I dare them to come around again, I got a friend named Benjamin in .17 cal that loves to take care of rodents.

Well maybe that would explain my sudden misfire on cylinder 3 and all the shaking and bucking..... she is running so much better now that I installed new wires and the correct spark plugs.

Also got around to doing a coolant flush today.

View attachment 2535981View attachment 2535982
what's going on with your tire?

now that my 91 80 series is leak free and has a near clean bill of health at 219k miles, I've turned my attention back to driver creature comforts.

View attachment 2533319
View attachment 2533320View attachment 2533321View attachment 2533322
View attachment 2533324
Man that's a CLEAN interior! How did you put LEDs in the dash?

Is that the Bloody Couloir?
Well I had to Google Bloody Couloir and now I want to go...we are in Buttermilk Country off 168 outside Bishop, so south of there.

Dobinsons stock height suspension refresh. :smokin: (And thanks to @crikeymike at Exit Offroad for the great customer service!)

721058A9-0B3B-4E29-BC60-B464683035AF_1_201_a.jpeg

Drove mine to Starbucks twice this week..... :rofl:

How do you like the Coopers?

They're excellent so far, @cruiserdan ! IMO, best mix of capable AT tires mixed with a high-mileage tread design that's perfectly happy racking up miles on pavement. These are 295/75/16 flavor and run out to just a hair over 33" tall (and only a minor $$$ difference from the 285/75). Not as heavy as some of the other 295/75 options, smooth and quiet on the road, tracks perfectly straight, and all 5x of them balanced out great. No noticeable difference in acceleration, and way smoother riding and quieter than many of the other AT tires on the market.

Added bonus: I grew up just outside of Findlay, OH where Cooper HQ and major manufacturing facility is located, and it makes me happy to have 'Made in USA' stamped on the sidewalls as well. 🇺🇸

I'm running a mini version of that tire on a 2012 Rav4 4WD . I really like them on that vehicle.

Is that the Bloody Couloir?

Well I had to Google Bloody Couloir and now I want to go...we are in Buttermilk Country off 168 outside Bishop, so south of there.
That peak in the right of the picture is Mt Humphreys, with maybe the shoulder of Mt Tom in the very far right. Can't figure out the peaks on the left, maybe the Palisades? You're looking south in that pic toward like Lake Sabrina or something. It's been a long time since I've been there. LOL

They're excellent so far, @cruiserdan ! IMO, best mix of capable AT tires mixed with a high-mileage tread design that's perfectly happy racking up miles on pavement. These are 295/75/16 flavor and run out to just a hair over 33" tall (and only a minor $$$ difference from the 285/75). Not as heavy as some of the other 295/75 options, smooth and quiet on the road, tracks perfectly straight, and all 5x of them balanced out great. No noticeable difference in acceleration, and way smoother riding and quieter than many of the other AT tires on the market.

Added bonus: I grew up just outside of Findlay, OH where Cooper HQ and major manufacturing facility is located, and it makes me happy to have 'Made in USA' stamped on the sidewalls as well. 🇺🇸

Have 26k on mine in a 37. Love the tire has worn in really well and is still quiet with good tread life and it’s had a good combination of highway miles and wheeling. Aired down the sidewall flexes really well too. Also with a 60,000 mile warranty hard to go wrong and at the rate that mine are going I believe they will get there. Just wish they looked a little more aggresive. Cheers!

A7E5E57E-9E55-4B64-862C-D32B3EA199E1.jpeg

That peak in the right of the picture is Mt Humphreys, with maybe the shoulder of Mt Tom in the very far right. Can't figure out the peaks on the left, maybe the Palisades? You're looking south in that pic toward like Lake Sabrina or something. It's been a long time since I've been there. LOL
You’re spot on!
We did some more exploration today, gotta live up to our “DISPRSD” license plate.
0784802D-65C8-4A40-90D3-A58B134F5D2C.jpeg

what's going on with your tire?
Two reasons in this photo.

A. I let air out of the front tires to help drain as much coolant as possible. The drain plug on the radiator is on the drivers side so airing down gets the drain plug even lower. If you look closely the other tire was also aired down for the same reason, just not as much as the drivers. I do this because I am too lazy to try and get the coolant drain plug out of the block and the resulting angle of the truck helps more coolant drain from the block (theoretically). I also do a drain and fill once a year to make up for the coolant that doesn't get drained because of my laziness. I am able to drain 2.5 gallons using this method.

B. My crap stool always slides out from under my feet when I am trying to reach into the engine bay and work on stuff. This usually causes me to hyper extend my knee and smash it into either the front bumper or tire. The next step is usually a bunch of extremely loud cussing :doh::crybaby::bang::bang::bang: that the neighbors do not appreciate (especially in utah).

To help prevent this issue I normally let the air out of both front tires. This will drastically reduce the height of the engine bay and usually prevents the smashed knee and subsequent cussing. This is a classic mechanics trick for working on lifted or tall vehicles.

A. I let air out of the front tires to help drain as much coolant as possible. The drain plug on the radiator is on the drivers side so airing down gets the drain plug even lower. If you look closely the other tire was also aired down for the same reason, just not as much as the drivers. I do this because I am too lazy to try and get the coolant drain plug out of the block and the resulting angle of the truck helps more coolant drain from the block (theoretically). I also do a drain and fill once a year to make up for the coolant that doesn't get drained because of my laziness. I am able to drain 2.5 gallons using this method.

B. My crap stool always slides out from under my feet when I am trying to reach into the engine bay and work on stuff. This usually causes me to hyper extend my knee and smash it into either the front bumper or tire. The next step is usually a bunch of extremely loud cussing :doh::crybaby::bang::bang::bang: that the neighbors do not appreciate (especially in utah).

To help prevent this issue I normally let the air out of both front tires. This will drastically reduce the height of the engine bay and usually prevents the smashed knee and subsequent cussing. This is a classic mechanics trick for working on lifted or tall vehicles.
So, what you're really saying is that you're not 6'-6", 235 lb, 4% BFI, with chiseled good looks.......

So, what you're really saying is that you're not 6'-6", 235 lb, 4% BFI, with chiseled good looks.......

Exactly, I'm only 6ft, with a 22% BFI..... but I still got the good looks :cool:

That’s a great idea! I’m always standing on the tire or a cooler trying to get in there. Thanks for the tip!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom