SC idler pulley (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
93 LC supercharged....the idler pulley for the SC ....should it have a lip on both sides of the belt? and if so does anyone have the part # for it and a source?

Mine doesn't have a lip on it...it's smooth on both sides. Never had a problem with a belt coming off if that's what you're concerned about.

no lip on mine either. I think it might be a bit of a challenge or expensive endeavor if you try to source one through trd. What's wrong with yours?

I called it idler but it is the trd v belt pulley that is ribbes and does have a lip on both sides of the belt, it is made of plastic. Mine was missing half of one of the lips.I called Totota and they could only get it as part of a pulley set for the SC for a cool 400$$....found a replacement pulley that matched up perfectly at oriellys for 12.99.

Do you mind sharing that part # for future reference?

Cheers,
Salue

It is Gates 38009. it says 76mm 6K. Everything about it matched up...if anyone knows that it wont work please let me know.

Since the TRD SC system is put together in the US . Its most likely a US sourced pulley, same as the belt so the gates unit probably the TRD OEM supplier

I went and checked, all three of my pulleys have lips on them, nothing broke thank goodness. Are you talking about the idler pulley mounted on the block or the pulley on the tensioner?

Thanks for the part number - nice find.

The smooth pulley on the tensioner/idler assembley is the other one I am looking for. Mine is a metal pulley but the TRD install instructions show a smooth plastic pulley that looks similar to the ribbed pulley minus the ribbs and the lips.

I am taking it to the local O'Reilly to see if they have one of the same dimensions.

As far as being ribbed, my used SC setup has 3 ribbed pulleys; the main crank add-on pulley, the SC snub nose pulley and the belt drive pulley on the assembly (Gates#38009)

Well I found the idler pulley. It is, Gates #38020

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/GATE/38020.oap?keyword=38020

Gates - Belt Drive Pulley
Part Number: 38020
Line: GAT
•DriveAlign
•UPC: 72053525748
Warranty Info
1 Year Limited Warranty
$23.99

Here are the pictures.

Also, the ribbed belt pulley #38009 has a thicker lip on one side than it does the other. This fat lip needs to face forward when installed to keep the ribs in line with the other pulleys. See pictures below.
IMG00112-20100411-1911.jpg
IMG00114-20100411-1918.jpg
IMG00115-20100411-1918.jpg

Last edited:
Nice work guys. Good to know that there is an affordable alternative if one breaks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom