Ultimate OEM 60 series parts still in stock (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Back door glass is still available. Barely.
Wow seriously!?!!? I thought I had remembered at one point it being NLA. Good to know.

I just got another load from Japan. 62 horn button, but it says "Toyota" not "Land Cruiser" :(

Got all 4 door handles. Windshield washer pump for the washer jar. Rear hatch lock assembly. Rubber/plastic grommets for front wipers to cowl. Barrel and key set for the doors. Some various other little items.

Really bumming me out about the weather stripping. I mean come on Toyota this stuff wears out and in a refresh or resto you need it, all of it!

Cheers

60 series clam shell for column is still good to go, at least in gray.......boy it looks nice, maybe to nice to put on.

I can't vouch for if it works yet, but yes: it plugs right in.

1985 FJ-60 harness with the new 62 column stalk.

View attachment 1160495

Pretty neat to have new turn signals, wiper and horn switches if you ask me!

Dan

If it plugs together it'll work. Now the 60 and 62 ignition sub-harnesses will not interchange.

FJ62 Accelerator Cable is discontinued?! :(

I can't vouch for if it works yet, but yes: it plugs right in.

1985 FJ-60 harness with the new 62 column stalk.

View attachment 1160495

Pretty neat to have new turn signals, wiper and horn switches if you ask me!

Dan

So... Dad's '87 60 window washer switch decided to quit working. So I pulled my spare stalk to replace it. But it turned out that worked well--except for the hazard switch.

So, I pulled out the new 62 stalk assembly and we installed it. Can confirm: it works great.

As an aside @beno: you will probably find an email from Dad. He needs to buy me one to replace it. ;)

Dan

Last edited:
So... Dad's '87 60 window washer switch decided to quit working. So I pulled my spare stalk to replace it. But it turned out that worked well--except for the hazard switch.

So, I pulled out the new 62 stalk assembly and we installed it. Can confirm: it works great.

As an aside @beno: you will probably find an email from Dad. He needs to buy me one to replace it. ;)

Dan

That's great news!
Roughly how many Beno dollars are they?

FJ60 combo switch- $257 list
FJ62 combo switch- $254 list

Many vendors give a 25% discount off list, which gets it down below $200.

The fj60 specific combo switch is NLA correct? So it's a win for 60 owners since its $3.00 cheaper.

Wonder if the rubber seals for the upper and lower rear hatches are available?

I wonder why there are rear side door reproduction weatherstrippings and not these two important pieces? Those and the weatherstripping for the two little rear door windows.

Is it me or is everything at SOR overpriced

It's not that I necessarily want to defend SORs business model, but you have to consider there's around 15 people employed there, plus it's a large swath of property in high-tax Los Angeles plus there's a huge warehouse full of s*** no one else has and housing that crap until someone needs or wants it costs money. Plus, if you buy something used from SOR, you know it's going to work as they don't sell junk. Plus, they have to have a counter person who deals with pains-in-the-ass like me who want to see everything first before buying. All those pluses add to their cost of whatever widget you need at the moment.

If it wasn't for SOR, and the services they provide and the information available on their website (also a large expense to maintain), a lot fewer Cruisers would be on the road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom