Builds Megadoomer Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Four gutter mounts and a couple of sections of unistrut and you're ready to be tucked in. We don't need no stinkin' rack!

They go on the roof! 👍
Ya, the Pig isn't quite ready for an RTT. Barely fits in the garage now. I have a bunch of parts coming today and tomorrow and Steve has been doing the wiring and fuel lines this week. We might fire it off this weekend.
Four gutter mounts and a couple of sections of unistrut and you're ready to be tucked in. We don't need no stinkin' rack!
Ya, I was going to do a crossbar setup. I have a ton of unistrut that came in the beds of all our Tundras at work.

Hey Doomer,

Straightening and shortening the gas pedal will give you 2 or 3 inches of leg room, it helps a ton. I'm sure you guys are on top of it, but wanted to throw it out there.

No start this weekend. A few parts were delayed. Kinda redid a bit of the inner fender and went a slight different direction. The passenger is complete and the driver is almost done. I forgot to take pictures of any of our work. Oops.

Steve got all the under dash wiring sorted during the week. We got the fuel line installed. Transmission cooler lines are installed but not the new cooler yet.

Lots of little chingaderos to deal with and stuff coming in the mail over the next few days. I am taking a couple days off this week to work on it.

The RTT is all assembled and the mounting tracks are on. Its just hanging out waiting for a ride.
20210515_072657.jpg

I was sure there would be a comment about them. They came with the house and owner wants to keep them for some reason. Whats funny is we actually have another full size freezer in the garage that is ours.

Scraps is on a roll lately!! What's up wit dat????
He’s been that way since he went off his regular meds (Budweiser) and resorted to Coors during PP 2020.

Got some work in today. Made some brackets for the ecu. It is mounted and plugged in. Finished the driverside fender. The passenger got painted.

I spent an unusual amount of time with the battery tray. I tried to make one and pulled out of that pretty quick. Decided to use the original tray but it needed work. The PO bent one side to fit a larger battery I guess. So we flattened it and put the old bend back in. It was crusty too. Lots of sanding and painting. Then I got the bright idea to alter it a bit to lock down the battery. We made a lip in the back to lock it down and flattened the from to add a nut so I could use the fastener that Optima gives you. Then repainted it. I like it but man it took some time.

All the battery cables and grounds are in. The front part of the exhaust is freshened up and the new O2 bugs welded and bolted in. Added oil and tested the starter. Cranked it a bit to get the juices flowing.

Pics from last week and today's efforts.
20210520_141125.jpg

20210520_165018.jpg
20210520_154501.jpg
20210520_165001.jpg

20210520_165758.jpg

20210520_164829.jpg

Ton of work going on there since you tore into it!

I have to paint that aluminum shield on the gas tank. That is where we had an explosion of underseal. It was about 30 secs into laying it on and then a clog forced the fluid out of the breather holes. It was everywhere and kinda set the tone for the rest of the task.

Well it runs. It wasn't a sweet turn the key and rumble. Ignition was bad. Had no spark because brand new crank sensor was bad. Then it would start for a split second and die. Power to the fuel pump cut off after you cranked it. Sorted that out and vroom.

Painted the front clip. Mounted the radiator and made the fan shroud. Made a bracket for the PS reservoir and finished the plumbing. Got makings for the radiator hoses.
20210521_150445.jpg
20210521_154239.jpg
20210522_140357.jpg
20210521_155937.jpg
20210522_144025.jpg

It is a sweet sound when you turn the key for the first time and things work. Even if they need a little tweaking.
Great work. Congrats to you and Steve. Anxious to look it over at the Pig Party.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom