Builds Fly By Night (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Called Cruiser Outfitters yesterday and put in a yuge order. Bryce said they had everything but the ‘87 and later 38mm t-case rebuild kit. He also said he had no idea when they would get any. Told him to scratch that item and send everything else.
A quick search of my other go-to Cruiser parts suppliers show the same, *out of stock*. Is there some 38mm t-case rebuild parts supply shortage? Anyone else deal with this lately?
Wait, don’t tell me - the plandemic.. I mean, I mean, pandemic, right?

Q is not allowed here, just pigs.

real politics are frown upon so I assume faux politics are too. The forum is about inclusion not division.

Like your frame btw

A quick search of my other go-to Cruiser parts suppliers show the same, *out of stock*. Is there some 38mm t-case rebuild parts supply shortage? Anyone else deal with this lately?
Did you reach out to @orangefj45 ? I know Georg stocks a bunch of these ... at least in the recent past.

Tucker

So I’ve been looking t these vents, and trying to figure out what exactly their purpose is. I imagine that when they worked, you’d open them to get some cooler fresh air on your legs or something, air that had just blown past a hot engine compartment - not really comparable to any kind of A/C.
Since these have never worked since I’ve owned it, thinking I might just make some plates to block off the holes.

View attachment 1752113

have you ever wondered why you have solid vent "covers" on the side skirts? i mean they kinda look like vent grills, but they arent slitted. well, some models (i seen 'em) have actuall slited vants and simple ducts to direct air to those damper boxes. i always wanted to cut slits in mine and make plenums to connect and run air in.

the config we have now just collects air from arounf the headlight area and when you open thos dampers they just let that air in, works, but not nearly as well.

I got open vents. I dont have a stock heater so they are just open to nothing. They do help expel engine heat from the bay.

have you ever wondered why you have solid vent "covers" on the side skirts? i mean they kinda look like vent grills, but they arent slitted. well, some models (i seen 'em) have actuall slited vants and simple ducts to direct air to those damper boxes. i always wanted to cut slits in mine and make plenums to connect and run air in.

the config we have now just collects air from arounf the headlight area and when you open thos dampers they just let that air in, works, but not nearly as well.

Well, one of the most notable details that I gather from the topic of this specifically interesting area of 55 anatomy lost on most of the minds of both owners and non-owners alike due to the evasive and often missed nature of the construction, use, and maintenance, lending itself to embrittlement and eventual breakage, justifying its discontinued use, is your choice of wording in the sentence, “the config we have now...”, ever more precisely, “...we have...”.

Gives me a warm fuzzy feeling.
Seriously glad to see you on here more😊

You mentioned an H55F early on,,, are you going to run one?

Or are you still keeping hush hush one the drivetrain?

You mentioned an H55F early on,,, are you going to run one?

Or are you still keeping hush hush one the drivetrain?

The drivetrain of choice for this build will be a 2003 5.3LS / 1993 NV4500 / 1987 38mm split case with Sumo 3:1 low range gear set that knocked on my door at 1:55pm today while I was still at work 🤨
The best of the best of everything. IMO of course 😁
The FJ60 axles still have the 3:70 gear sets in the diffs. I’m holding off on a re-gear until later. The NV4500 is fully synchronized so I CAN shift in and out of first if need be to compensate for the taller gear. The highway speeds will be better with a 3:70 and the low range will be 72:1 by my calculations, which is lower than what the previous setup with the SM420 grossed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom