Builds Fly By Night (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What is the advantage of putting an inline fuel pump inside the tank as per the above picture? Noise? Definitly looks official!
In tank pump will run cooler and more efficient, should be a bit quieter everything else being equal. If you run an external pump you really should pull from the bottom of the tank and not the top, less than ideal in a rear mounted fuel tank in an off road vehicle. Inline pumps want to be gravity fed.
IMHO and inline external pump could be more prone to problems and has no advantage the way Rush will be using it, buy a quality fuel pump put it your tank and forget about it.
only thing I would do different is I would add an adjustable fuel regulator and return line if I was building his system.

The tank arrived yesterday. Assembly required.

C7AD46C9-BC45-4A54-A24D-C85619ECB69C.jpeg

Interesting information on all LS motors.....

Sheesh, there’s no way to remember any of that. The split between car and truck/SUV engines to me makes no sense the way they labeled them.
I understand LM7, LQ4 and LQ9, and that each of them had aluminum-block variants. Down the road I might get into whatever Gen IV variant that is friendly to retrofit. For now I’m good.👍😌

Last edited:
Clutch came in, with the flywheel coming along shortly.
Unfortunately, this clutch kit did not include a throw out bearing. There happened to be one still stuck to the fork in the bellhousing that was used in its prior life. Not sure if it was supplied by Advanced Adapters or what, but the issue I’m seeing is that it’s not quite right.
The O.D. of the section of bearing retainer that the throw out bearing slides on is, to my best measuring capability, 1.365”.
The I.D. of the throw out bearing previously used is 1.424”, and fits pretty sloppy on the shaft(🤭).
Researching some TO’s on eBay and AA, net some with an ID of 1.375” - 1.38”, a difference of 0.010” - 0.015”. Does that sound tight or more better? I’ve never really measured the difference before when installing TO bearings, just threw on what was supplied and went.

EECAD298-7E36-49C0-BB1B-B958A4FCEFEE.jpeg

Previously used TO bearing at top.
Two contenders for replacement below.

B602E7F4-8D89-4945-BA04-58B56E984795.jpeg

3D89F979-7FE3-4454-A176-63895EE5D2FA.jpeg

DDCDF183-A3AB-4111-ADD4-051D76E331FC.jpeg

The only thing I can add is don't get it too tight, happened to me. I also forgot to lube the input shaft and the clutch pedal was extremely hard to push in. I pulled the trans. and used some emory cloth on the shaft, works fine now. I didn't measure anything either.

I believe I have the throwout barring you need still new in the box. Please hold and let me see if I can find it.

Looks like they sold me a HAY-70-230 Throwout Bearing - Self Aligning - Mechanical - 1.436 in ID - 1.165 in Tall when I bought my adaptor for my NV4500

IMG_20210123_105015678.jpg

Confirm this will work for you and I'll get it in the mail.

[QUOTE="J Mack, post: 13622207, member: 93023

Confirm this will work for you and I'll get it in the mail.
[/QUOTE]

What I can confirm is that the ID is the same as the previously used bearing. What I can’t confirm is whether it would fit the fork I have.

It’s 1-11/16” inside to inside and 2-3/16” outside to outside.

DF6728FC-6EB5-4A4F-8CB7-EE3932269E77.jpeg

FB5EF3C6-1C8D-4BF1-B156-A00A1393CF03.jpeg

Clutch came in, with the flywheel coming along shortly.
Unfortunately, this clutch kit did not include a throw out bearing. There happened to be one still stuck to the fork in the bellhousing that was used in its prior life. Not sure if it was supplied by Advanced Adapters or what, but the issue I’m seeing is that it’s not quite right.
The O.D. of the section of bearing retainer that the throw out bearing slides on is, to my best measuring capability, 1.365”.
The I.D. of the throw out bearing previously used is 1.424”, and fits pretty sloppy on the shaft(🤭).
Researching some TO’s on eBay and AA, net some with an ID of 1.375” - 1.38”, a difference of 0.010” - 0.015”. Does that sound tight or more better? I’ve never really measured the difference before when installing TO bearings, just threw on what was supplied and went.

View attachment 2562444

Luk - good stuff!!!

More puzzle pieces rolling in this week.
2” ICT barbed fitting for the tank fill and a 1/2” NPT aluminum bung for the drain.
Then the real chunk of gold - McLeod (MAC-Lee-Odd) flywheel.
For y’all that likes that there product placement.

Lower section of the tank is out for bending as well. Got the barely capable TIG welder borrowed and setup. Fresh bottle of Argon. Need to pick up some fill rod and I’ll be just about good to go.

08630962-8E9E-4A48-A413-250970A980A3.jpeg

CCF94873-472C-408D-91BC-58711AB0CCF0.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom