Cruisers and Company 80 Series Turbo (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Another one has been up and running for about a week now. @ttFJC brought his 80 down from MT. C&C Turbo, new injectors, new knock sensors, new O2's, full exhaust, new kickdown cable (yes we have those for the 343) since it was broken, a transfer case rebuild with some Sumo 3:1's, ujoints in the front and rear driveshafts and I'm sure I'm forgetting something else. Moves so much better than expected! This truck is sitting on 37" Toyo MT's and trail gear bead locks... Heaviest wheel tire combo on an 80 that I've dealt with... Getting to 80 mph is 👌🏻 The drive home should be fantastic!

First stop the pump for some higher octane fuel
PXL_20240306_001621016.jpg

Boost/vacuum, AFR, coolant/trans temp
PXL_20240306_002904624.jpg

PXL_20240301_012648088.MP.jpg

PXL_20240216_171141938.jpg

@ttFJC You going to be at Rubithon this year? Love to see this turbo in person! You've had a bunch of work into this rig the last year and a half.

@ttFJC You going to be at Rubithon this year? Love to see this turbo in person! You've had a bunch of work into this rig the last year and a half.
i am doing everything i can to make this happen again.

Any chance you can fit a york compressor in there with the turbo intake pipe?

:D Great job on the turbo; looks to be a well put together kit. If I didn't already have the infamous WE turbo, I would definitely be buying this kit.
Thanks! A lot of time and effort has gone into it to make it a great almost bolt on solution for the 1FZ.

Any plans to obtain an EO# for the peeps needing smog checks?
We plan on trying to obtain a carb EO but it will be awhile. Colorado peeps, we will be trying to get Rosie on the air care treadmill after Cruise Moab

Drove from Denver to Moab yesterday. I was following our trailer that's loaded for Cruise Moab so we were only doing 65ish over the big passes but I backed off on one of the strait aways to put some distance between myself and the trailer as we headed up Vail pass. I wanted to make a run to see how it would accelerate fully loaded like it was. Backed off to 45mph and was easily able to bring it back to 70mph and it wanted to keep going. GPS put us ~10,200 at the start of doing that. Having done these passes many times NA, that just wouldn't have been possible before. Would have struggled to get back to 55 let alone continue accelerating to or past 70 at that elevation.

Look forward to seeing everyone who is going to Cruise Moab!

PXL_20240414_161210510.jpg

PXL_20240415_014504506.jpg

Have you towed anything behind the 80 up the pass with the turbo?
I haven't as I don't have anything to tow behind the 80 currently but I'd love to see how an off-road trailer would tow. I think it would do great with something like a m416 . What were you thinking of towing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom