What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (32 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Made a quarter panel :D

100_1760.jpg

100_1774.jpg

100_1784.jpg

:cheers:

Nice :smokin:

Be careful welding that galvanized sheet, get plenty of ventilation.

Replaced the engine heater I installed new on 12/09/08 with another new one....Didnt last but about a month....Kat's 600W lower rad hose heater....

Removed 4in lift along w/ Stock axel

put the F100 springs and the 14 bolt lined up. here's My friend Javier making sure the weld on the perches are good hopefully this will bring my wheel base to a 97" ...and yes the drive shaft will be a short one.
SANY0551.jpg
SANY0554.jpg

Started a light tear-down on the SM465 I'll be installing. Also cleaned-up and installed the FWD actuator I'm using to replace the vacuum actuator.

Spent some more time staring at her in the driveway. Sure is beautiful with the rear axle back on......

in the last week, pulled the body, cleaned the frame, engine, tranny,t-case, pulled tranny and t-case. motor might come out tomorrow but probly not til later in the week. once i get the engine out, engine, tranny, t-case go to the shop to get looked over and anything that needs to be replaced is getting done (bday present from my dad)

Try to finish up the high steer on my 40. The plan was to just take the steering arms off and put the new ones on. One side came off and had no problem with the knuckle bearing. The other side was a different story. When I went to take it off it came off easy only to find out part of the race was stuck to it. Thought I might be able to transfer the race and put it back on so I could wheel it the next day.

No dice as I managed to destroy it trying to get the arm on.

I've decided I'm just going to tear the whole thing down and rebuild it they way it should have been done. Though I just did this a year ago.

Alan,
99" - as near as I can tell with the fat tires on it. That's probably +/- 1".

I had the OME's in the back flipped around the long way initially, which gave me 103" +/- 1", but I think the rear tires would have hit the shiny new rear bumper under full stuff. I might still flip 'em around once the 1" body lift is on (need to make clearance for the new drive-train), I won't know thought until I start getting everything put back together.

Tks,
-seth

Hi All:

Seth, so what wheelbase does your rig have?

With the front axle move/longer springs I did this winter the wheelbase of my FJ40 is a true 100 inches.

Regards,

Alan

---------------------------------------------------------

finally got to test out my shinny new 4spd and elec ign 2F i put in over x-mas. Just have to drop it off at the local muffler shop for a couple hours and it's back on the trails!

took my mom wheelin chasing two teenage boy on dirtbikes (lil brother) got her to say," dear lord" about three times:hillbilly:

Put the new Alcan's on the Pig

:grinpimp:

Put the P/S pump back in my 40.
Then took the seats apart, unbolted the rear jump seats, sent the springs and frames for sand blasting/powder coating. Waiting for some parts for the headrests now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom