New F & 2F carbs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Trollhole

THC
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
Out of stock as of 09/12/19. I do not have a new date yet.

FJ60's
$270 shipped to the lower 48

If the button doesn't work try this link: Error - Cookies are turned off - PayPal

FJ40's & FJ55's mechanical linkage type (non throttle cable type) this is mainly for you 2f folks
Includes air cleaner spacer and choke cable stop.
$271 shipped to the lower 48

If the button doesn't work try this link: Error - Cookies are turned off - PayPal

FJ40's & FJ55's with throttle cable type systems uses 1970-1973 FJ40 throttle cable. This carb can be used to retrofit those who have Weber or Holley carbs as well. If you have either of these carbs you will need a stock carb spacer.
Includes choke cable stop and stainless steel throttle cable bracket. You will need to purchase the throttle cable from SOR.com or Toyota ( SOR qty1 of part #042-04B-EC and qty2 of 042-34A)

$315 shipped to the lower 48

If the button doesn't work just use this link: Error - Cookies are turned off - PayPal

If you live somewhere besides the lower 48 I'll ship it just please PM or e-mail me for a freight quote.
Accepting paypal links above or directly to my paypal address marshall@828rugs.com or checks

Marshall Shepherd
500 Marsh Creek Dr.
Mauldin, SC 29662

Please note that checks will need to clear before I ship. Sorry for the delay.

New, brand new desmogged carb.

These are aftermarket carbs. I've been working on bringing these into the US for a year now. I have a product you will really like.
They also come with the high altitude jets (they reside behind the big bolts on the fuel bowl), the 9mm air cleaner spacer and the choke stop if needed.

The first carb below is the f carb with cable brackets. You will still need to supply your own cable.

2F with mechanical linkages both 40 & 60 series.

Last edited:
Looks pretty nice. What's the deal with different years and linkage? Where are they manufactured?

Looks pretty nice. What's the deal with different years and linkage? Where are they manufactured?

Will work on any year that has mechanical linkage (non cable). They are not made in Japan. If that is what you are looking for.

I've been testing my prototypes on a stock 79 2f for the past 6 months. Not a single issue. It's pretty much a bolt on application.

Edit. Now works for cable linkage with the new brackets.

Last edited:
Sweet. I may try one out instead of a rebuild on my current. What is the story with the non-usa dizzy? What are the advantages?

Sweet. I may try one out instead of a rebuild on my current. What is the story with the non-usa dizzy? What are the advantages?

That's what I was hoping. I cannot tell you how many times I've seen people post about an issue with their carb. There are only 3 choices and to get it right you either have to rebuild it yourself, pay someone to rebuild it or buy a Holley or Weber. All take time and none of them are inexpensive in my view. I have to say though without Mark and JimC I think the stock carb would all be forgotten. That being said I'm throwing another option into the mix. Something less expensive. Something new and for most of us a bolt on replacement for that 30 year old piece of perfection that has seen many miles.

Advantages. Well that's a double edged sword. If you have an electronic distributor it's not an advantage. It's a vacuum advance distributor. It has points. It's simple. It's made to work with the carb I'm selling.

No adapters. Except you want to retain the carb spacer found on any stock F or 2F. It is almost exactly like the stock carbs in the US. Only it has one fuel inlet. That means if you have two you can remove the return line and cap it at the frame rail. One less thing to worry about.

It's just as simple as the weber. Better yet it requires no adapters for the stock air cleaner. No bending the fuel lines. No removing the stock choke cable. They all plug right up. The stock mechanical linkage hooks right to it.

It's as close to a direct replacement as you are going to get.

Can I retrofit a TP (throttle positioner) unit? I kind of enjoy the reduction in backfiring while coasting down hills. Are there bosses for other vacuum ports that could be drilled or is it mainly a pre-smog era carb clone? Good price either way!

I just posted a tread about rebuilding and desmoging my carb on my 78 fj40. This sounds like a better and easier deal. When will you be ready to sell them?
Sorry I just looked back D'oh The first of July.

I wish i would have seen this earlier! But at this price im still considering it. Does this still retain the HAC? Fuel decel cut off? Who makes this thing? Thanks a ton, sorry for all the questions!

No HAC no decel cut off. You could re-jet it if your running above 4000 ft most of the time. I'd rather not tell everyone who my manufacturer is. My next batch will have my logo on them.

Can I retrofit a TP (throttle positioner) unit? I kind of enjoy the reduction in backfiring while coasting down hills. Are there bosses for other vacuum ports that could be drilled or is it mainly a pre-smog era carb clone? Good price either way!

I'm sure you could. But it would require to tap the boss on the backside for a bolt (the hole is already there it just needs a tap) You would also require to weld on the tab to the primary linkage for the adjustment screw stop. My first few prototypes had no issues with backfiring coasting down hills.

I just posted a tread about rebuilding and desmoging my carb on my 78 fj40. This sounds like a better and easier deal. When will you be ready to sell them?

Yes should be right after 4th of July.

But this brings up a new set of questions I have for everyone out there. I can make anything. Seriously anything. In fact I'm working on a carb/EFI hybrid. Where on the outside it looks like any standard stock carb. But on the inside it has 2 injectors. Basically a bolt on fuel injection system. That looks stock and uses the stock linkages. You would still have a stock fuel pump though it would be gutted and just provide the stock look. The fuel pump and fuel regulator would be in hidden under the frame rail in the back. My major stumbling block is the IAC valve and where to fit it. I'm thinking of trying to use an external one built into the carb spacer body. Imagine fuel injection you could bolt on and use your stock linkage, air cleaner and carb.

That being said. If you have a better idea for my carb let me know. I'll try anything to make a better product for you. The whole idea on this carb that I have coming in right now was it's simple. There is no smog stuff on it anywhere. You unbolt your carb and you bolt this in it's place with one switched wire, one fuel line, one vacuum line to the distributor, and one throttle connection for the stock linkage. Choke cable bracket is the same as what you have now.

What would I have to do to change the whole set up on my 78? I'm seriously thinking about trying your carb., maybe the distributor also. I want to take the smog equipment off it anyway, this will just keep me from having my carb. reworked, rebuilt.

I wish i would have seen this earlier! But at this price im still considering it. Does this still retain the HAC? Fuel decel cut off? Who makes this thing? Thanks a ton, sorry for all the questions!

What would I have to do to change the whole set up on my 78? I'm seriously thinking about trying your carb., maybe the distributor also. I want to take the smog equipment off it anyway, this will just keep me from having my carb. reworked, rebuilt.

Unbolt your other one and bolt this in it's place. Then remove and plug any smog stuff.

As far as the dizzy if it's an vac advanced electronic. I'd keep it. If it's a vac advanced points it's a tossup on the condition of your distributor.

I'm sure you could. But it would require to tap the boss on the backside for a bolt (the hole is already there it just needs a tap) You would also require to weld on the tab to the primary linkage for the adjustment screw stop. My first few prototypes had no issues with backfiring coasting down hills.

That being said. If you have a better idea for my carb let me know. I'll try anything to make a better product for you. The whole idea on this carb that I have coming in right now was it's simple. There is no smog stuff on it anywhere. You unbolt your carb and you bolt this in it's place with one switched wire, one fuel line, one vacuum line to the distributor, and one throttle connection for the stock linkage. Choke cable bracket is the same as what you have now.

Maybe I need a new carb.

I favor the KISS principle. If you don't need the smog stuff might as well get rid of the fittings, ports, connectors, etc.

But this brings up a new set of questions I have for everyone out there. I can make anything. Seriously anything. In fact I'm working on a carb/EFI hybrid. Where on the outside it looks like any standard stock carb.

carb/efi hybrid would be perfect for me as long as the price was competitive with the other injection options out there now. The only reason I haven't attempted it already is the downtime for working out the kinks, since I use my 40 for work daily.

That being said. If you have a better idea for my carb let me know.

A simple air cleaner at extra cost to go with the carb would be great. Stock is bulky and has all the hookups for smog pump, ect. that I don't need. Just a thought.

Thanks again for your efforts,

Brian

hey marshall, glad to see this taking off!

A simple air cleaner at extra cost to go with the carb would be great. Stock is bulky and has all the hookups for smog pump, ect. that I don't need. Just a thought.

this sounds like a really good idea to me, plus it would give you another spot to put your logo: right on top of a sweet looking, not massive air cleaner.

best of luck with all of this,

malphrus

I'm working on a carb/EFI hybrid. Where on the outside it looks like any standard stock carb. But on the inside it has 2 injectors. Basically a bolt on fuel injection system. That looks stock and uses the stock linkages. You would still have a stock fuel pump though it would be gutted and just provide the stock look. The fuel pump and fuel regulator would be in hidden under the frame rail in the back. My major stumbling block is the IAC valve and where to fit it. I'm thinking of trying to use an external one built into the carb spacer body. Imagine fuel injection you could bolt on and use your stock linkage, air cleaner and carb.

I would be all over this like ugly on a toad, as long as it worked as well or better than the stock Aisin.

The carb is for 81-85 Saudi 2F.
It uses the shorter spacer in the body, so it is 15mm shorter than 75-80 versions.

The choke arm accepts the 81-later cable w/ the cast on end.
Edit: Picture added to show R/C cable end that can be used to make the E-80 cable look like the 81-later cable.

Made in "not Japan". ;)

I saw you posted to the thread and thought I was going to get ripped apart.

Thanks.:beer:

The first batch will come with a spacer to make up the difference on top and the little choke cable adapter for those that need it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom