What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (55 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

busy week for the 40
relocated my front shackle hangers.
put on a few months insurance and finally got an error in the paperwork corrected
went for a club run/camping/wheeling weekend trip
Got to diagnose and replace a faulty ignition module when the truck suddenly died on the side of the highway at midnight on my 300 mile drive home from said weekend trip. glad i threw that extra module into my box of trail spares 20 odd years ago.
ah yes, good times

IMG_0954a.JPG
IMG_0960a.JPG
IMG_1006a.JPG
IMG_1025a.JPG

glad i threw that extra module into my box of trail spares 20 odd years ago.
Premonition…

Off the hook camping location…👍

No. Tires rub a tiny bit on he spring at full lock. Brakes and tie rods clear fine

Ref: spacers on -75 for FJC steelies and your tires? 265 R70 17?..I cant remember your combo. 🙄

No. Tires rub a tiny bit on the spring at full lock. Brakes and tie rods clear fine
So, in theory, if I get 255/75 skinnies, I should be golden?

So, in theory, if I get 255/75 skinnies, I should be golden?

Yep. I'm thinking of going that route as well

What? You don’t like “phat bottomed girls”? 🤣

In all honesty, I’m running a thinner tire on the Steelies too. I like the taller “thinner” tire for East Coast follow the ruts adventures.

Let the tire preference bombardments begin…😳

Last edited:
What? You don’t like “phat bottomed girls”? 🤣

In all honesty, I’m running a thinner tire on the Steelies too. I like the taller “thinner” tire for East Coast follow the ruts adventures.

Let the tire preference bombardments begin…😳
Currently have balloons now. They stick out 1.5" past the tub. 33x12.5-15 on 15x8s. The lugs also like throwing gravel. Here's a shot from the weekend drive. Sounds like I'm in a tin shack being shot by hillbillies. No offense to hillbillies, since I'm pretty much the same.

FJ40MMRAspens2023 new.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds like I'm in a tin shack being shot by hillbillies. No offense to hillbillies, since I'm pretty much the same.

No offense taken cuz, I been shot at a time or two myself…😎 Nice TLC…!

Last edited:
Starting my own construction company next week which means I’m turning in my current company truck…so the 40 gets DD duty for a few days until I buy something for this new venture!

IMG_3304.jpeg

Gave it a bath for the first time in a long time! Wash, polish and wax. Paint is kind of holding on still. It’s cracking, peeling, and oxidizing. But still polishes nice. :D
IMG_5102.jpeg

I added a 12v cigarette lighter plug to test out my new GMRS radio but somehow knocked out my 58 year old ignition switch in the process (I wasn't working near it but did monkey with the 58 year old fuse panel). After some non-specific fiddling with the switch, it works again but I fear there are worn contacts or something failing inside. I haven't looked to see if this can be rebuilt but I may be needing to hit up toyotamatt for a new switch. Can a locksmith re-core my door lock to match the new ignition swtich?

Perhaps ......

- there are some original nos in-dash ignition kits and side door locks master key sets floating around .....:meh:

- this is a early 1962-1972 Pro-Date Range FJ45 P/U master key set .....

- FACT : some odd FJ45 P/U 's came with a passenger side early single side key lock to , military and governmnt types

-

81FF16C4-66CF-4303-AB5D-36FF7F524DCD.jpeg
C16D0421-3805-4509-A425-63211A29142E.jpeg
B0E7CA39-2D06-4CD7-9D13-25F574098282.jpeg
875B5571-F194-44E9-B79D-A1695B5A50A2.jpeg

Last edited:
- i have finally crossed off not one but 2 life long passons to do anything i could pipe-dream up to carefully and 100% Period Correct both the 84331-10010 and its 1 or 2 buddies depending if a rear heater option ......87291-60030 's

- i looked into 3-D printing these long ago , and i did NOT get the perfection level results i try hard for , sometimes adimitly ..............to to hard ...:rolleyes:

- i perused how TOYOTA Created them Installation day one 1962 ?

- the H knobs were a learning curve for , but in the end there a Dark charcoal black ....

- but and however ? :D

- the CORRECT shade or RED on 84331-10010 was a big WTF / HOW the heck was i sure ?

- i had the 100% verifiable concrete OEM color formula facts in my LAYER , here all along and spent dozens of HOURS getting to this facts based conclusion :

- there is a BIG 3rd story book ending to these 2 long long overdue Premium Genuine Quality OEM Reproproduction OEM Parts i Approach 1st and foremost as a Professional Mechanical Artitansan 🎨🖌️

- it is going to make heads spin for sure :cool:

1695099502936.png

1695099518329.png

1695099550587.png

1695099560886.png

sorry .....NO Easter Eggs till the buns are done in the laboratory 🤣

DSCN9941.JPG

in the mean time enjoy and its back to packing orders , thanks for your support !

matt

Last edited:
Realized I blew an axle seal as I was putting the 40 on the trailer in MT. Picked this mini axle up today as figured might as well put disc's on it if redoing the knuckles. So some questions...... figuring 60 rotors.and 4runner calipers. The axle has been robbed of the left knuckle arm and locking hub. First question.....what knuckle arm should I look for (60 series?) Second question....locking hub preference, aisin or warn. Sorry for bad photo, of course a rusty old axle isn't overly exciting
20230919_173130.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom