What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (62 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fixed/fancied my transmission tunnel up. The PO hacked a big chunk out of the upper rounded part. There was also chunks of rust that had been covered by paint. Fixed the big holes and rust in the tunnel, and then made a new mount for my twin stick boot.

D74330DF-88E4-40E3-83A9-4695626D5A84.jpeg

ECCE42BE-744E-43A7-A745-DB69F3B82E08.jpeg

Pulled the manifold on the 64 in preparation for the Sniper 2GC install.
Should be here in the next couple days.

Crawled under the 40 yesterday to check fluid levels.
Even though all the leaks were working properly I could still get lube on the end of my pinky but put a couple drops in anyway.
Everything went smoothly until I skinned the right side of my forehead on the end of the exhaust pipe when crawling out.

Moved the 42 out of the garage so i could replace a CV axle on my duramax. Sad times really should be rebuilding my knuckles if i had the time...

Fixed/fancied my transmission tunnel up. The PO hacked a big chunk out of the upper rounded part. There was also chunks of rust that had been covered by paint. Fixed the big holes and rust in the tunnel, and then made a new mount for my twin stick boot.

Started similar work yesterday...
I think the PO thought making a cut between the shifter & transfer case holes would make it easier to remove.

FJ40Tub4.jpg

Drove it 40 miles, and hit 60 mph just for Nolan.

Hitting speeds in the 70's or even 80's with a stock drive-train is like your flux capacitor on overload, and time travel is near...

time-travel.jpg

Santa came late, but my Holley Sniper 2GC Small Bore has arrived!!!

I threw it onto my TransDapt 2025 Adapter mounted to my 1964 1F single barrel manifold and it fits after some minor elongating of the holes on the Sniper side.

Going to be doing some mock up work on the throttle cable bracket first making sure it has proper clearance and free play. But initial glance looks good.

I will be creating a separate install thread with all the details later this evening.

2gc.jpg

Santa came late, but my Holley Sniper 2GC Small Bore has arrived!!!

I threw it onto my TransDapt 2025 Adapter mounted to my 1964 1F single barrel manifold and it fits after some minor elongating of the holes on the Sniper side.

Going to be doing some mock up work on the throttle cable bracket first making sure it has proper clearance and free play. But initial glance looks good.

I will be creating a separate install thread with all the details later this evening.

View attachment 2169454

I'm all ears. This Man-A-Fre (upside down) adapter bolts a Rochester to the later manifolds.
IMG_20190423_175033.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom