What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (78 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

deleted double post

@fjdiesel

4" Skyjacker, 33×10.5 Maxxis, extended rear shackles, mine leans to the left about a half inch.

20191216_121748.jpg
20191216_121816.jpg

Can't quite tell, do you have them set up such that they just reflect light? Also can they be linked end to end or do you have to run wires to each one of you want to do multiple? Looking to do something similar in my troopy and this looks cool.

Sorry for the late response, don't get on here as much as I would like.
You can run end to end. Direct light into the cab.

@fjdiesel

4" Skyjacker, 33×10.5 Maxxis, extended rear shackles, mine leans to the left about a half inch.

Thanks @rkymtnflyfisher!

You don't happen to remember how much lean you had before you mounted your tire and carrier? Long shot, but just curious to see how much the tire would change it. I know for my year it should be on the Left, but I thought if it changed the lean I could put it on the other side. Thanks.

Thanks @rkymtnflyfisher!

You don't happen to remember how much lean you had before you mounted your tire and carrier? Long shot, but just curious to see how much the tire would change it. I know for my year it should be on the Left, but I thought if it changed the lean I could put it on the other side. Thanks.

Unfortunately I don't have any measurements before I put the carrier on, I was in the middle of a frame off rebuild when I stumbled on that carrier on CL. It really doesn't lean that much, nothing that is noticeable to most people, although if you look at my rear shackles you can see the driver side is squatting just a tad more than the passenger side.

Fabricating 3” stainless exhaust.
I was bound and determined to run it inside the frame rail (and to keep as much as possible above the bottom of the frame).

Got the first half tacked together tonight; will start on the back half tomorrow.
B07D3712-C8B4-4E19-B583-A5EB3AFB2435.jpeg

8848822C-F215-47B4-B50E-6B9FD5730638.jpeg

Squeezing it between the frame rail and transfer case was *interesting*.

70DF7EA5-B17D-4B1F-AEAA-06C337080BA7.jpeg

Flex pipe, post-turbo pyro bung, and resonator:
EEF30C6C-DA2F-4B65-B4D4-73176A88FA50.jpeg

I’ve got to do some creative pie-cutting to get the pipe wrapped around the frame crossmember.
This is how much will be exposed below the frame. Hopefully I can design a skid plate that will protect it.
A4DAC943-9E79-4316-B329-05266124D8DF.jpeg

I've been working on a way to automate the fresh air door in the blower housing. I found this gadget used in 92-96 camry and es300 for the air door, a servo powered cable. (this one is a denso 063700-3590 but there are others similar to this) I had to move the pivot pin on the actuator output arm to get an extra 1/8" travel needed to move the door full open to full closed positions. It is controlled by reversing polarity (12Vdc) on pins 1 and 2. I can do that with a DPDT relay or design a solid state circuit, ultimately controlled with a push/pull on/off switch on the dash with the "fresh pull" knob. I figure I can mount this device to the firewall or behind the air duct. If anyone knows of a Toyota push/pull switch with DPDT contacts let me know.

Door in fresh air position:

20191219_124744.jpg

Door in recirc position:

20191219_124757.jpg

I've been working on a way to automate the fresh air door in the blower housing. I found this gadget used in 92-96 camry and es300 for the air door, a servo powered cable. (this one is a denso 063700-3590 but there are others similar to this) I had to move the pivot pin on the actuator output arm to get an extra 1/8" travel needed to move the door full open to full closed positions. It is controlled by reversing polarity (12Vdc) on pins 1 and 2. I can do that with a DPDT relay or design a solid state circuit, ultimately controlled with a push/pull on/off switch on the dash with the "fresh pull" knob. I figure I can mount this device to the firewall or behind the air duct. If anyone knows of a Toyota push/pull switch with DPDT contacts let me know.

Door in fresh air position:

View attachment 2160573

Door in recirc position:

View attachment 2160574
That's really cool!

How's the ride?

With the Bilstein shocks that lift rides pretty sweet, handles washboard roads and rough forest service roads better than my 08 4Runner did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom