What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (79 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

214k miles (more like 230k if adjusted for running 33s since 100k)
NAPA (Spicer) - New - Driver side lower ball joint (cracked boot and finally started creaking after 3 years, should have rebooted way back)
OEM - New - Driver side upper control arm (upper boot was cracked)
OEM - New - Driver side outer tie rod end (super loose)

Last edited:
Still working on my drawers.

If you haven't started building your own, don't.

13232158175_1474478875_c.jpg

13232151565_b5c863127b_c.jpg

Still working on my drawers.

If you haven't started building your own, don't.

Thanks for the advice!

It's a tough call though given the price of new aftermarket drawers.

OTOH - it sure would be nice to find nice used ones.

:hmm:

Finished plasti dipping the wheels, trim and bumpers. Now on to more meaningful mods...

Hey let us know how that plasti dip holds up long term..... The stuff holds on to dirt and pollen and fine particulate like crazy.... I did my badges and it looks alright.

It looks SWEET, I was going to do my trim and bumpers with it, but decided Id rather just hit it with some real paint when I get the time.

Doing badges with that stuff takes like 5 minutes +dry time between coats... no real need to mask... it was great.

Just got new DuraTracs installed! 285/75-16

IMAG0363.jpg

Thanks for the advice!

It's a tough call though given the price of new aftermarket drawers.

OTOH - it sure would be nice to find nice used ones.

:hmm:

That is true. I'm at about $550 before any additional tools I needed. But it's taken me countless hours. If you've seen his build threads, when AATLAS1X says that building your own drawers is too much work, it definitely is.

I started the project back in January. Even if you could commit 3 entire weekends in a row, it'd still be tough since you really have to go one step at a time with assembly, wood filler touch ups, sanding, painting, bed-lining, hardware installation, etc. And because of that, it's hard to keep the wood straight while sitting during the week. Luckily my wife has been very patient with me.

Using screws instead of countersunk T-nuts and bolts would save a lot of time. Not using flush mounted Logic Track rails, and not sanding anything would save a lot of time too.

The good thing about aftermarket drawers is that you can sell them.

That is true. I'm at about $550 before any additional tools I needed. But it's taken me countless hours. If you've seen his build threads, when AATLAS1X says that building your own drawers is too much work, it definitely is.

I started the project back in January. Even if you could commit 3 entire weekends in a row, it'd still be tough since you really have to go one step at a time with assembly, wood filler touch ups, sanding, painting, bed-lining, hardware installation, etc. And because of that, it's hard to keep the wood straight while sitting during the week. Luckily my wife has been very patient with me.

Using screws instead of countersunk T-nuts and bolts would save a lot of time. Not using flush mounted Logic Track rails, and not sanding anything would save a lot of time too.

Started mine last november!! Waiting on some hardware...:bang:

I too underestimated the effort involved in making my own metal drawer system similar to the ARB Outback product with roller bearings and an integrated fridge slide. I now understand why they cost close to $2K. I put a ton of hours into mine and it turned out OK, but I couldn't source the slam latches or locking hardware used to keep the slides open that ARB uses. If I was to do it again, I would just purchase the Outback system. Writing a big check is so much easier than spending countless hours building your own.

The positive about making your own is that you can configure it to your needs.

I'm really enjoying making my own, but it does take lots of time and cost a lot of money in materials!

ubure6a6.jpg

I might muster up the energy to do a comprehensive write up on my build, which would save folks a ton of time. I've spent a lot of time and mental energy figuring out how to do everything and assembling all the hardware and parts.

For example, having this little template available or at least the dimensions would've saved me an hour of work and another hour of searching mud looking for one and another hour trying to decipher the crazy Allegis included diagram!

6a6avy9e.jpg

Wow. Looking good though!!!

I found red paint all over the ARB bumper wing...I think somebody is rolling around town with a new dent. How nice of them to not leave a note.

I'm really enjoying making my own, but it does take lots of time and cost a lot of money in materials!

ubure6a6.jpg

I might muster up the energy to do a comprehensive write up on my build, which would save folks a ton of time. I've spent a lot of time and mental energy figuring out how to do everything and assembling all the hardware and parts.

For example, having this little template available or at least the dimensions would've saved me an hour of work and another hour of searching mud looking for one and another hour trying to decipher the crazy Allegis included diagram!

6a6avy9e.jpg
Nice work, I really like the way you recessed the slides, that was a lot of extra work but looks clean and well done

Let's see: Nearly 3-weeks waiting on Fox Shocks to send a part...overhauled the CVs, hubs, etc. During the PS CV swap the diff let me know the dufus in Sacramento, that be Sean at River City Differentials (long story...but he's more than worthy of my rant considering what a mo he his) installed the wrong spacer shim on my diff. So waiting for shock parts from Fox...and a (another) diff rebuild.

ubure6a6.jpg

6a6avy9e.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom