2000UZJ's Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Clean...?? why you holding out for Clean??? Are you going the 'show and shine' route with this 100?

I want to lower it and throw some 20's on it.

"Clean" as in not 300K and a tainted carfax...

20's come stock on Tundras, so you'll need much bigger than that to turn heads. I'd imagine with 26's you could still get a bit of sidewall in there.

Look at the LA area Craigslist. Lots of clean ones. If you find one local to me in Orange County I will go mudfax it for you.

I remember when you wheeled harder than most. I guess those days are over :)

10402536_10152841260228718_6443088276764264983_n.jpg

Here is a good one of us on our way to AK.

1898091_10153070558918718_4027327043023179539_n.jpg

Another shot in AK, just south of Anchorage. Tossed on some 18" Tundra rims with studded tires for the winter last month. Sold those, hated how they looked on the truck.

So I bought Nick's 100 series last fall. Since I have had it, I hooked all the lights and compressor back up (they were all unhooked when I got it), added a Pioneer dvd/nav, CB, 5 channel amp, remote start, brake controller, new compressor switch, new rear lights, rooftop tent, and am currently putting in a new transmission. Up to 205k and she runs great. I had to un-tint the front windows when I got to AK, and I replaced the fan belt when it snapped in downtown anchorage. So far I have only taken her wheeling 3 times in AK, but I get out whenever I have the chance.
10407154_10204204022593538_5857100860644873904_n.jpg

I know that truck very well. Nick and I saw some interesting things in that 100. Glad to see it has a happy home now... and in my home state! Damn I want to move back there!

So, I noticed my pictures aren't working. Here is the direct Imgur link: 100 Land Cruiser

Just put some brand new 315/75r16 KO2's on her, surprisingly they rub a tad even though the K0's didn't. Also upgraded the rear lights a bit and I have some Labrak ARB inserts to go into the front bumper when it warms up. Nick, I'll still sell her back to you so I can build my 200!

A little over 8 and a half years ago I sold my beloved 100 Series. How many things have changed in life, but the "want" for a Land Cruiser has remained. One of the things that I could never find in other car communities, was the friendship and how special these trucks are.

I was lucky to spot a 2006 on MUD, a few weeks back in Colorado and went for it. I knew the paint was shot, and with 290K on the ODO, I figured I have done stupider s*** before. It's not like flying halfway across the country to meet some dude from the internet to buy a truck and drive it back through the most barren part of the United States has never gone wrong...

Current List of Mods:
Old Man EMU 2.5” Lift Heavy Springs – Slee Install 2016
Slee Battery Tray w/ Marine Interstate 31 AGM Battery
EvoCorse Dakar Zero 18” Matt Bronze Wheels
Nitto Ridge Grapplers 285/70/18 34” Tires
Ironman Classic Off Road Bumper
Smittybuilt 10000lb Winch w/Synthetic Line
BIOR Rock Sliders
BIOR Dual Swing Out Rear Bumper
ASFIR 3 Piece Skid Plate Aluminum
Gamiviti Expo Roof Rack
Snorkel Kit
Lab Rack Mounts
JL Audio 5 Channel Amp / JBL door speakers / MTX 10” woofer
Ram Center Console mod mount by OWL
Victory Molle center panels / Rear window molle panels
Rugged Bound rear tailgate storage w/locks
Custom built rear wire deck for storage
Land Shark Single Drawer
Trailer Brake custom holder and Tekonsha P3 brake controller

Adjustments since purchasing:
Removed Certain Lights (Ditch Mounts, Bumper Lights)
Removed Ladder
Flipped Gamviti Rack for more clearance.
Removed and Degreased underside
Fixed ASFIR Skid Plate fitment
Wrapped the Land Shark Drawer w/ Carpet
Replaced Driver Door Lock Actuator
Steamed Carpet, Seating Surfaces, and Door Cards
Degreased and inspected undercarriage
Tighten Valve Cover Gaskets
Fixed Various little rattles, bits, and other things.

Immediate / Future plans:
Lower the front end, extremely twitchy on the highway due to no rake (This weekend)
Replace all fuel filters (pump filter, and engine filter)
Pull and service/flow test injectors
The entire clear coat has failed. I believe this truck was a victim of an overly aggressive paint correction, and removed too much clear coat and the could no longer protect from UV. This will need to be fixed, and looking at my options for next year (2024)
ARB Lockers Front and Rear with 4.88's
Swap IronMan out for ARB Combo Bumper.
Service/Replace all hardware on BIOR Rear Bumper.

IMG_4014.jpeg

IMG_4147.jpeg

IMG_4289.jpeg

IMG_4266.jpeg

IMG_4182.jpeg

Here is the current state of the 100, along with the drawer that was carpeted.

The EvoCorse wheels are beautiful. I cleaned them up after work today, and was blown away by the color. I plan on coating them soon, just need to get the barrels cleaned up this weekend once I have time to actually do an exterior wash on it.

More to come, in good time :)

IMG_4373.jpeg

IMG_4370.jpeg

IMG_4362.jpeg

IMG_4363.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom