What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (83 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ahh, makes perfect sense. Thanks

Btw, PS replied in under 10hrs with suggested solutions/options and an apology. I continue to be impressed by this business.
Just got my replacement lower pan from a different source (local dealer) and same exact thing. Is this a QC issue or is it supposed to be unfinished?? Weird.
PXL_20220514_213248581.jpg

Oil change.
I've run t4 rotella and wasn't happy with the consumption.
I ran mobile delvac with good results.
Finally found some delo and am giving it a go. I've done an analysis on the previous two and saw no noticable difference in the reports.

Quick trans fluid dump.
The trans is pretty new. The at temp light has come one once. So I wanted to drain some fluid, take a look at the color and the drain plug.

It was clean and red. Plug looked good.

I'll swap another 4.5 quarts when I do the new cooler soon.

20220513_072047.jpg

Been smelling fuel lately, opened the hood and did a sniff check. Noticed the 6th injector was leaking.

Pulled it out and the injector was mangled.
20220514_184443~2.jpeg

Third time's a charm. After three attempts of fuel going everywhere, I finally got it right.

Also installed the Whiteline adjustable front panhard bar.

20220514_182102_HDR.jpg

20220514_182102_HDR.jpg

What the hell did you do to that injector?
🤷🏽‍♂️ A few months ago a few buddies started putting my engine back together while I was deployed. Maybe it wasn't seated properly when they tighten down the rail.

New a/c system! Excited cuz it hasn’t worked in 2 years. Thanks to @alia176 for his post: A/C system - how to remove the cooling unit, evaporator, expansion valve - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/a-c-system-how-to-remove-the-cooling-unit-evaporator-expansion-valve.296748/
Made it drama free. Today was new evaporator, expansion valve, and all the assoc o rings. Some new foam window seal from Home Depot.
Save your ribs and pull the passenger seat!
Tomorrow will be new condenser and the shorter 4runner dryer.

9607942B-DD1D-41EA-A487-0FFB85C61C76.jpeg
075A3A82-8112-49B8-AA98-42D54A04D700.jpeg
90F46713-611D-4895-831E-5320C5D591D3.jpeg

@Surfdc I just wrapped up this project a week or so ago and also benefited from @alia176 post on evap removal, among great content from others on the forum.

In case it's helpful as you work through the remaining parts of the project I compiled most of the information that I followed, particularly from @flintknapper about the re-charging process, and also from a few others, here:

Today was the first hot day since the refresh and the extra chill was great. The colder AC has actually been a little annoying in the moderate temps (too chilly whenever it came on, had to setup the vents differently) but is great when it's actually hot.

Good luck with the rest of the AC refresh.

Glad to see the A/C thread is still going strong and helping others.:bounce:

@Surfdc I just wrapped up this project a week or so ago and also benefited from @alia176 post on evap removal, among great content from others on the forum.

In case it's helpful as you work through the remaining parts of the project I compiled most of the information that I followed, particularly from @flintknapper about the re-charging process, and also from a few others, here:

Today was the first hot day since the refresh and the extra chill was great. The colder AC has actually been a little annoying in the moderate temps (too chilly whenever it came on, had to setup the vents differently) but is great when it's actually hot.

Good luck with the rest of the AC refresh.
Most excellent. Thanks jpoole

What kit did you get? Was it plug and play? I’d love some details about this.
This is the kit I got:

You’ll need to do some wiring to make it work, but it’s real basic. I hooked them to my VO switch relay block.

They have a neat instal box thing that looks cool, but I didn’t use it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom