What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (75 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did some stuff over in Utah.
DB9C9A23-BFD3-400D-B51D-B3C261EB69F1.jpeg

honda-acura.net is where I learned how to internet, pretty much. Shame to see the forum die it's slow death thanks to Internet Brands. And thank God for Woody! I think I'm going to buy a silver star right now.

A piece of my old s***box lives on in this guy:

View attachment 2654465
Buddy and I run up ACH here in SoCal. We traded back and forth between the 80 and the Atom. My truck felt like it had a 12ft lift kit after swapping seats.
6B026752-3C39-4A46-A42B-6FDE72CF958C.jpeg

Replaced my old battery. And finally found the source of the rattle I hear over every single imperfection in the road that was causing me to go insane. Any ideas?

View attachment 2656120

Two,

1. (temporary) Push thin sheets of rubber or neoprene between the springs when flexed.
2. Get the springs rhino lined.

Replaced my old battery. And finally found the source of the rattle I hear over every single imperfection in the road that was causing me to go insane. Any ideas?

Simple fix. Just grab a couple sets of these, jack the truck up from the frame to unload the suspension and slide them in. No need to disassemble anything or even take off the tire.

I've had mine installed for 2 years now and haven't had a buzz since.

1619444608304.png

1619444645378.png

Got most of the wiring ran for my Speedhut gauges, USB plugs and 12v sockets in my @dvs shift console. The battery is currently out as I get ready to install a snorkel so I'll have to wait a few days to make sure it all works.

18.jpg

I also finished the install of my Backbay Customs tailgate storage. The tailgate is lined with Noico sound deadener and a foam exercise mat although I'll probably remove the mat to give a little extra room.

19.jpg

20.jpg

Replaced driver's side door gasket to cut down on wind noise. Difference in "plump-ness" between the old one and the new one was pretty astounding. I have to slam the door harder now to get it to shut tight. Didn't take it on the highway to try out, but I expect it will help. Otherwise, I'll have to try the @IdahoDoug "shoe" method.

Also put in some front spacers as the front end drooped pretty significantly from my bumper (soft TJM springs)

And a question for the MUD braintrust: are OME shocks supposed to extend themselves when you let them go? I compressed mine by hand and they just stayed where I left them, which has not been my experience with other shocks in the past--they normally extend back out. Is this normal, or is it a sign that my shocks are dead?

Replaced driver's side door gasket to cut down on wind noise. Difference in "plump-ness" between the old one and the new one was pretty astounding. I have to slam the door harder now to get it to shut tight. Didn't take it on the highway to try out, but I expect it will help. Otherwise, I'll have to try the @IdahoDoug "shoe" method.

Also put in some front spacers as the front end drooped pretty significantly from my bumper (soft TJM springs)

And a question for the MUD braintrust: are OME shocks supposed to extend themselves when you let them go? I compressed mine by hand and they just stayed where I left them, which has not been my experience with other shocks in the past--they normally extend back out. Is this normal, or is it a sign that my shocks are dead?
Shocks are dead

Two,

1. (temporary) Push thin sheets of rubber or neoprene between the springs when flexed.
2. Get the springs rhino lined.

Thank you Azca
Simple fix. Just grab a couple sets of these, jack the truck up from the frame to unload the suspension and slide them in. No need to disassemble anything or even take off the tire.

I've had mine installed for 2 years now and haven't had a buzz since.

View attachment 2656846
View attachment 2656847
Ordered. You guys and this forum friggin rock. Thank you . So is this called "spring chatter" that is what google searches produced.

Last edited:
This was my EK. The parts list was extensive. The only thing that I had not done was an engine swap. I wanted to learn how to drive the car before making it faster.

View attachment 2654601
EK was the best civic hatch! You did it right by learning to drive first before adding power. I used to instruct with NASA Pro Racing for HPDE and some of these powerful hondas were scary because 1 the driver didn't know how to drive on track yet but wanted to go fast, 2 brakes did match the power added.

EK was the best civic hatch! You did it right by learning to drive first before adding power. I used to instruct with NASA Pro Racing for HPDE and some of these powerful hondas were scary because 1 the driver didn't know how to drive on track yet but wanted to go fast, 2 brakes did match the power added.
I did autox for the most part and started out with my EG civic VX (92 horsepower and godawful "mpg" transmission). Drove it that way for several years before finally swapping over to a B16A (gearing alone was a game changer) and eventually a B20Z (kept the B16 transmission). I was never competitive in HS or STS because of some super-experienced old-timers in those classes. I was hopeless in SM, but I was pretty much just doing it for fun. Best finish was 3rd in class :eek:

I did autox for the most part and started out with my EG civic VX (92 horsepower and godawful "mpg" transmission). Drove it that way for several years before finally swapping over to a B16A (gearing alone was a game changer) and eventually a B20Z (kept the B16 transmission). I was never competitive in HS or STS because of some super-experienced old-timers in those classes. I was hopeless in SM, but I was pretty much just doing it for fun. Best finish was 3rd in class :eek:
now you know where my username comes from. lol. I did TT's for a while, never got into HC.

Just got two Toyota Oil Filer Tumblers and Koozies from @HemiAlex

20210426_195704.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom