Builds The Warthog v4.4 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Insane transformation. Almost two years exactly.

F99B4490-F47C-4B69-B960-04740935A3DD.jpeg

Throw some hubcaps on for a photo shoot. Don’t run them...but you’ll be glad to have a set of photos with them installed.

Spent some time on some small stuff this afternoon. The @cruiseroutfit long speedometer cable was plenty to make the odo/speedo come alive.

Starting point is 000470

Drives so good. Easy driving is no problem with the broken motor mount.

After that I finished off the interior with most of the OEM floor mat (mine was already a mess so cutting it was not a travesty)

The seats are unbelievably comfortable but a bit difficult to get into. I’ll just learn to deal with it. The interior came together very nicely.
I’m real happy with this.

5C57D4F3-070D-422B-BB7D-45E9236A3183.jpeg

6A1203E8-FD4D-48FA-9EF2-85AC75FF076B.jpeg

7E5B1177-7D54-44EB-ADC7-507F96FE8FED.jpeg

24F50417-BAEF-4EAC-A101-EF3A2DBC49CF.jpeg

C4F296FF-643F-4ED2-A58F-2CB3763D4039.jpeg

I miss my 55. A long time ago, first cruiser. Memories, nice, and thanks for the refreshment. Incredible build, meets expectations. I think those seats are telling you that this isn’t a sports car, despite looking like sports car seats. Respond appropriately.

I miss my 55. A long time ago, first cruiser. Memories, nice, and thanks for the refreshment. Incredible build, meets expectations. I think those seats are telling you that this isn’t a sports car, despite looking like sports car seats. Respond appropriately.

Got any photos of this first Pig??

The problem with the seats is they have high sides. Super comfy but the space between the steering wheel and the seat is limited

That said, the Corbeau seats that match up with my bracket and don’t require gymnastics are $550 each.

I’ll just get an ingress/egress system down and call it even.

98D5B414-F335-4B12-8153-2C27CE2F1B86.jpeg

I love that pic Nolan. Something about basics, foundations, structure, strength, who knows,

No digital pics of my first pig, pre-digital age. Maybe I have a print I could scan. Green-white-green, had a rack as big as the roof when I first picked it up. Someone at the gas station during its first (and many more!) fill ups asked if it was from Daktari (in Seattle lol).

So did this Pig have factory power steering?

What bracing did you do for that winch?

I read about the Surge tank, but what was the driving force for adding the complexity? What does that do that a nice in tank fuel pump couldn't do? You already were swapping fuel tanks and could have added the pump. It's super easy to block off the stock mechanical pump. Or did I miss something?

So did this Pig have factory power steering?

What bracing did you do for that winch?

I read about the Surge tank, but what was the driving force for adding the complexity? What does that do that a nice in tank fuel pump couldn't do? You already were swapping fuel tanks and could have added the pump. It's super easy to block off the stock mechanical pump. Or did I miss something?

It’s about to have factory power steering. Good eye. That’s going down next. Stay tuned for all the gory details.

Bracing.

Not a ton. I’m aware it’s not the strongest setup but it’s about as strong as any plate mount on the frame you would see on a Jeep or 40.

Basically its a winch mounting plate that is bolted to the bumper in the front and the frame in the back under the radiator. The D rings are welded to the stock bumper too so they are not really rated to snatch.....but I’ve already used them to tow it home after I leaked out all my fluid on a test drive.

The surge tank, actually, is less complicated than adding an in tank pump (no way I was slicing up that $1600 LRA fuel cell anyway)

It uses all of the tried and true Toyota hard lines, fuel filter and mechanical fuel pump right up to the surge tank.

The only thing it takes up is space of which I had plenty.

It also keep all of the fuel lines from the heat of the motor when passing in and out of the Sniper.

Bonus. It’s super quiet.

It’s about to have factory power steering. Good eye. That’s going down next. Stay tuned for all the gory details.

Bracing.

Not a ton. I’m aware it’s not the strongest setup but it’s about as strong as any plate mount on the frame you would see on a Jeep or 40.

Basically its a winch mounting plate that is bolted to the bumper in the front and the frame in the back under the radiator. The D rings are welded to the stock bumper too so they are not really rated to snatch.....but I’ve already used them to tow it home after I leaked out all my fluid on a test drive.

The surge tank, actually, is less complicated than adding an in tank pump (no way I was slicing up that $1600 LRA fuel cell anyway)

It uses all of the tried and true Toyota hard lines, fuel filter and mechanical fuel pump right up to the surge tank.

The only thing it takes up is space of which I had plenty.

It also keep all of the fuel lines from the heat of the motor when passing in and out of the Sniper.

Bonus. It’s super quiet.

Thanks.

Share all the gory details about the PS.

That is at the top of my to do list.

Proverbs, 16:18.......Pride goeth before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.

Yeah. I believe this. I’ve been so proud of this project God have me a kick in the nuts.

Looks like we are starting over. Green tears are flowing.

#yearofthepig

💀🐷💀🐷💀🐷

Last edited:
That is just plain heart breaking with such a cool project !!
JP

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom