Builds The LF40 Wheeler Build - Twin Turbo & 8 Speed Auto FJ40 (15 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Build is awesome, curious what the weight was, it was sarcastic....

Less than a 2f, thats for sure.

LF weighs around 450 lbs, and the 8l90 is 220. Already less than a 2f itself.

I'll have to weigh it out once everything is on there.

Last edited:
Going slow now that I'm only working on weekends.

Powdercoat back.

20220820_152144.jpg

Crossmember

20220821_081857.jpg

Installed.

20220821_085135.jpg

Shifter back in.

20220820_211327.jpg

20220820_211317.jpg

Ecm

20220820_204951.jpg

I painted the airbox an andoized blue, not sure if I like it. Might send it out to PC and get the normal silver we use. What do you guys think?
20220820_204944.jpg

I

Last edited:
Really nice work. I am impressed

That is one nice 40 and what I think is just as awesome as you spent a lot of time with your Dad on this. You did a lot or most of the work yourself, but you two had some quality time together. That makes this an extra special build. I wish there was something I did with my Dad, but he was a different person. I made sure I haven't been that way to my kids and helped them build their trucks (Not even close to this). Even those minor builds were a great bonding experience and 17 years since we started with the oldest (daughterofromer), still a hobby we do together. Same with her sister.

Last edited:
Really nice work. I am impressed

That is one nice 40 and what I think is just as awesome as you spent a lot of time with your Dad on this. You did a lot or most of the work yourself, but you two had some quality time together. That makes this an extra special build. I wish there was something I did with my Dad, but he was a different person. I made sure I haven't been that way to my kids and helped them build their trucks (Not even close to this). Even those minor builds were a great bonding experience and 17 years since we started with the oldest (daughterofromer), still a hobby we do together. Same with her sister.

Thanks! The first iteration of this build was at my house, and dad was a great second set of hands. It was a lot of fun, quality time. He still pops up now and then at the shop, but it's a 6 hr drive from home, so it's not as often. I'm really glad I got the chance to do it with him.

I painted the airbox an andoized blue, not sure if I like it. Might send it out to PC and get the normal silver we use. What do you guys think?

It's a sharp combovwith the grey and black. I think mixing another silver/grey in might be a little strange?

Well???

*Arms crossed, tapping foot*

Ha, driveshafts are sitting in the back of my car, haven't had time to make it to the shop yet.

I ended up being elected as the President of the new SAE BAJA team we made this year, and have been working on building a new shop closer to school, plus school shyt.

I'm dying as much as you are to get back and work, but it's 2 hours each way for me. :rofl:

Soon, I promise.

Ha, driveshafts are sitting in the back of my car, haven't had time to make it to the shop yet.

I ended up being elected as the President of the new SAE BAJA team we made this year, and have been working on building a new shop closer to school, plus school shyt.

I'm dying as much as you are to get back and work, but it's 2 hours each way for me. :rofl:

Soon, I promise.
Ha! Super cool. I was on my university's SAE Baja in the early 2000s. what a great wat to get a Couple As on the transcript.

Soon, I promise.
Congrats! I recently joined my school’s BAJA chapter under rear suspension. Which comp are y’all attending this year? I’ll be at the Washougal, WA one. Can relate to the struggle being 2+ hours away from wrenching projects while at school. Bet you are eager to get this thing wrapped up. Look forward to seeing more updates soon.

Congrats! I recently joined my school’s BAJA chapter under rear suspension. Which comp are y’all attending this year? I’ll be at the Washougal, WA one. Can relate to the struggle being 2+ hours away from wrenching projects while at school. Bet you are eager to get this thing wrapped up. Look forward to seeing more updates soon.

We are supposed to attend the Washington one, but we will see. We are currently having a bunch of problems with registration, as we are technically a CU Boulder team operating out of WCU, and you can only register one team. Still up in the air for us.

More news! I've been working on a new shop with a friend for a while (early summer), and it's almost done now. So I got my cruiser from work and bought it up to the new shop. It's about an hour and a half closer than work, so I can actually work on my cruiser for once.

The new shop is sweet. Fully insulated and kept at 60f. Very nice to be out of the cold.

20221217_085625.jpg

I got my box and my friend's personal box moved in. Wall space goes fast.

Screenshot_20221219-093328_Photos.png

Cruiser in its bay for now.

20221218_140112.jpg

Screenshot_20221219-093330_Photos.png

Now we just need to get the final shop inspection done, and everything buttoned up. I got stuck installing drywall for a while this weekend, but oh well. Still have to get the plasma table up and running, shop air run, and drops for the lift and iron worker run. Almost, though.

There should be some new updates very soon!

I also got some sick pictures from the photographer that does all the shop pictures from the Poison Spider run we did at Cruise Moab last year.

DJ FJ40 Cruise Moab 2022-60-2.jpg

DJ FJ40 Cruise Moab 2022-60.jpg

Are you going to be taking on builds for customers?

Probably not. I'm still working for proffitts, and I don't want to step in any toes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom