Tales,Trails and Trials of a (wet) Dream Machine (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So for last seven years plus the 40 years before that my cooking arrangement has always been in flux, changes every few trips.

But the last seven I have been particularly obsessed with studying the most compact and quickest way to set up, breakdown and cook a great fresh meal.

I made 1 significant change for the Magruder PP. I retired my coleman propane stove of 30 plus years for a 1 burner 18k btu compact stove, half the size and 2/3 less weight. The one error was that I packed in behind some other gear so I couldn’t instantly grab it after dropping the tailgate.

One burner for tailgating was perfect but even with it moved to a more accessible place something was still lacking. I’ve looked at every stove on the planet but until you see them in person it’s hard to grasp there worth. I’ve looked at Jet boil many times but seeing Jmack’s in person peaked my interest.

Today I received Jetboil Halfgen:bounce: . It made the latest plan come together.
Goal: have every thing to start cooking in one small space or “cook box”

Sorry pushed post before adding pics
9C132194-3141-4AC4-80DD-CCFFFDA1E657.jpeg
50FF6B8B-F9D7-4666-BEEF-DE11CEDEA3DD.jpeg
3F489A08-4D1E-4CA8-8787-50090AF9BF99.jpeg
27AFCC1A-057C-4CAB-A0FB-4BFE2D6ED2F3.jpeg
A1E40480-6D09-4FA2-9E46-C2B36468B2DB.jpeg

I have a small stainless bbq about the size I shoe box, it’s big enough for a large steak while grilling vegetables that’s also a 60 second set up.

I love cooking when camping and want to start doing it ASAP, but when you have long drive days a fast uncomplicated set is my goal.

Been there to see gordobe set up his tidy kitchen kit. Wipped up some GandTs coupled with a delightful bruschetta! Then was able to sleep through a whirlwind of craziness just outside his car!

Hey is J Mack getting a kick back for all the Jetboils he sold on the trip.
Jetboils are great. Carried one for 4 years as the SM for Troop 101 in Hawaii. Even took the French press top along on the kid’s school camping trips (definitely car camping. I got selected because i had the stoves and the pots that could deal with 30 plus people. I didn’t have a pig then, took the 62.)

7:30am first morning
Mom #1: “I would kill for Starbucks right now.”
Mom #2: “MeToo”
Me: “You want coffee? I have coffee.”
Moms: <unbelieving> “You can make coffee out here?”
Me: <breaks out the Jetboil>
Moms: <suspicious sips>
Mom #2: “this is really good!”
Me:

922CE4A6-CC9F-4385-8A3E-9D222F462EDD.gif

One of the ASMs (RIP) was the APAC sales manager for Lion Coffee in Hawaii. I got free coffee for the Scout trips, and since we went camping at least once/month, i always had great coffee.

A48EA9B6-FEFF-46B0-B435-1EB2AE0E4FFD.jpeg

Last edited:
Wow Someone spotted my quiver.

I’m flattered

I’m finally out from under a year long project that was way to demanding. Time to give piggy some TLC.

Have been reorganizing my camping kit since the Mugruder excursion. Consolidating gear, less set up time. My door upholstery in the front is a bit rough from when I adopted my pig. The rear passenger doors are perfect so I have been happy to have original components as they are.

When I saw Rons interior I was smitten with the upholstery door panels that are available and orderd a full set. Due soon

all for the moment

Experimenting with making some ashtray condoms to protect my door cards that I replaced on my 70 55 Using mask making latex over 8 molds. More pics tomorrow if successful
6253EB7D-3817-4C51-A493-1D937238A692.jpeg
27AE6E6F-0B2C-4344-A895-9B4D41BD1571.jpeg
780EBE55-93A0-4336-8B13-8CE58A311543.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom