Simply Referred to as "The 40" (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone,

Figured just use this as my continuing project thread, keep 'em posted here.

Thought I might post come CP of our rig. We bought it back in 2008, and it's been a non-stop project since. Restoration work, engine, drivetrain, clutch, and a whole lot more. It used to be a soft top as well.

Since the purchase, the following has been done to the Rig

-MAF Dizzy and new plugs
-2 inch OME suspension, and MAF extended shackles, around 4+ inches total
-Resto on old parts, and frame, rust taken care of where necessary
-Aqualu Tub and Tailgate
-6-1 Headers, not sure of the company, perhaps MAF
-Rebuilt stock Alternator.-TRE's replaced
-Rebuilt Front brake calipers
-Clutch Master and Slave replaced w/ new SS braided clutch like to the slave
-Complete install of hard top, was soft top
-Aqualu side steps

Future Writeups and Projects include:

-Pinion Bearing
-Front knuckle rebuild with resto work so it looks purdy
-Looking for a used 2F to build a 2FE, with .060 pistons, port and polish, etc.
-Radio install
-New Wiring Harness perhaps

here goes the pictures.
DSC00535.jpg
DSC00533.jpg
DSC00521.jpg

Last edited:
I'm using my older account to upload more pictures. the aluminum tub and tranny hump were on the vehicle when we bought it, all of the interior flooring is rhinolined, as well as the underbody... more to come

Nice, I really like the idea of rhino lining the entire bottom. Looks great

That's Real Nice. It looks like one of CCOT Cruisers. All you need now is one of their HOTTIES next to it:princess:. I was thinking of doing the same thing with the cargo net in the back. I took it out of my Expedition when it was wrecked. But all in all, Fantastic Job.:clap:

Truck looks great - I have the same color/year. If you're still looking for a radio - I've been running this one for the past year with no issues: Dual XC4100 XC4100 - Dual Audio Xc4100 Cassette Radio (Aux In) - Dual
It has an iphone/ipod input which works well and looks somewhat stock. I'd like to get a Toyota sticker for the cassette door at some point.

Honestly I'm not sure whether it was FST or Hard Top original. When we got it, it had one, but it was vinyl, and the support structure was all aluminum. The PO had the original doors, top, and sides, but we didnt nab them. shame, but that was a long time ago.

How do you know if it was factory FST or Hard?

cruiserjunkie - I was looking at the 40 & 55 Series Tech page, and I saw your name(thinking it was mine) and the fact my thread had bumped up. I thought to myself, Did I reply, and not remember? haha

much appreciated to you and everyone. more to come.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom