Simply Referred to as "The 40" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Your rig looks great. That's also one of my favorite colors.

Did you get rid of the soft top? I've been looking for an STC top like that. Let me know if you still have it and want to sell it.

Last edited:
Looks like an Aqualu tailgate.

Yep. $567. :frown:

its an amazing piece. thankfully it had it on The 40 when we bought it

if the tailgate hadn't have been on the truck when we bought it, perhaps, mounted would be a pair of half doors, i don't think the '76 had that option though, but they sure are sweet

Last edited:
Lurking around my garage for the past 5 years is the original ID badge for The 40, wondering where it goes on the tub, or the door.

nice to see my colors match ;)
DSC00393.jpg

goes on the firewall near the heater blower

On my '76 it is located on the pax side fender behind the battery - not the firewall.

There is also a second data plate located on the driver's side door pillar just below the dash line that lists the VIN, manufacture date and weight limits.
ID Plate location (Small).JPG
ID plate (Small).JPG

Last edited:
On my '76 it is located on the pax side fender behind the battery - not the firewall.

There is also a second data plate located on the driver's side door pillar just below the dash line that lists the VIN, manufacture date and weight limits.

any pictures? i only have the one plate from the picture.

I'm looking for a semi stock look with authentic placement. I was worried a while back if the badges on the back of the truck were in the correct spot, they changed from the left side to the right but I wasn't sure of when.

This is where mine is on my 74, not sure about where it goes on a 76.
PC030060.JPG

Thanks Nomis, I'm guessing that all my fenders are aluminum replacement, because I can't figure any other reason as to why the PO would have removed the plates.
If my current memory serves me well, i think the one below the windsheild is there, will have to look when i get home

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom