Simply Referred to as "The 40" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here are a couple more for you
DSC00628.jpg
DSC00629.jpg

That's an awesome40, you said in another thread that the rig is surging bad. On my old 40 I did the same mod you have, that Chrysler ballast resister. You always did to have a spare in the glove box,they are like7 bucks. Vibration kills them faster than anything. I had mine where yours is now and could not keep them from cracking. So if you discover down the road y are in the same boat,mount the sucker on the fire wall and put rubber or something behind to cut down on vibrations. Need some close ups of the workings of that webber.

Resurrection of "The 40"

It has been 5 long years since I posted about the truck, or rather anything else for that matter and it's been quite a busy time. Moving around from West Virginia to Virginia, then to Texas, then Alaska, and now currently taking residence in the state of Florida. Marrying the most beautiful woman a man could ask for, whom also doesn't mind getting her hands dirty on a greasy old Land cruiser; and unfortunately the passing of my father and the previous owner of "The 40".

Since inheriting the truck, and what started as simply replacing the timing cover gasket, has now become what will be more of a frame off.

-The number 1 intake lobe on the cam is wore down 3mm, so new cam is in order
-There is a pretty deep gouge in the number 3 cylinder wall from I don't know what, so if anyone has some oversized pistons for a good price,I'm interested.
-I've been contemplating ditching the weber and going with Trollhole, but I'm still so darn uncertain about what to do about this one.
-replacing all the body mounts and fixing the body mount sheet metal on the cowl
-I might put in a bench seat from a 02 Toyota Tundra that I can get for free, but need thoughts on that to do with the gas tank
-Needs brake work, probably will switch to DOT5 fluid

This is kind of the short list for now. I have it all written down somewhere, and as most of the cruiserheads can relate, its about 5 to 6 pages deep. one day I'll get there. Fortunately I have a beautiful rig to start with which has had a lot of replacement parts already put on it, so it should actually go back together pretty fast. I just need to work on my budgeting.

Some pics of the rig currently to come later.

I hope y'all enjoy watching the truck come back together.

I might put in a bench seat from a 02 Toyota Tundra

I would think this would be impossibly wide for an FJ40.

I noticed in the first post you have the brackets which push the driver's seat back 2". How tall are you and did you find that they helped at all?

I might put in a bench seat from a 02 Toyota Tundra

I would think this would be impossibly wide for an FJ40.

I thought the same thing, but from door striker to striker is 58 inches in the 40, and I believe I measured the seats at 54 inches or so. I won't know for sure until I set them in the tub. good thing I didn't have to pay for them, and there is no obligation to install.

I noticed in the first post you have the brackets which push the driver's seat back 2". How tall are you and did you find that they helped at all?

the brackets were in the rig from when I got it. I am tall, about 6'1" and to be honest, I wish they'd go back further still. The gear shift into revers still contacts the seat in the full back position.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom