Second round build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I made the executive decision to weld the rear shackle hangers. The spring perches have not been welded, I will wait until the wheels and tires are on to set up my pinion angle. Here are a couple pictures of the progress.

I need to get tires. I was going to try and stuff 35" tires under there but am now leaning towards 33" tires. I am running the fj80 axles which are a bit wider so I would prefer a little bit narrower tire. I have seen a handfull of people pull off the 80 axles and 35" tires but plans aren't to wheel the hell out of this. Not to mention there have been plenty of outings in the past in lower trucks with 33 or smaller tires and no problems. Does anybody know if the stock 15" wheel hub caps will fit the stock 16" split ring wheels? The Australian spec has the split rims and I think I will be using them. It might be nice to weld some hub cap clips on to get the hub caps mounted if they do fit well. I don't think I have any of the caps to check.

View attachment 2599639View attachment 2599640
And here is a short video of the 2uzfe running on the frame.

OME springs?

20210314_150819.jpg
20210314_150802.jpg

Making a little head way. Drivers side outboard perches mostly welded. Passengers side still has a bit of welding to do.

Ok so I need a little help here. Neither of my wagons have complete rocker panels behind at the fender. I am waiting on axle parts so jumped back to the rockers today and A-pillar/front door post. Does the rocker just continue to slope / feather into the post and terminate with a 1/2 lap bent at 90° all they way to the bottom of the rocker panel?
20210321_161703.jpg

If anyone has a good photo of this area I would appreciate it...Thanks

Wow!! This is going to be good. Following!!!!

What do you have to do to get a 2uzfe to run on it's own? Do you have to flash the computer like a LS? Is there any threads her on how to motor swap a 2uzfe?

Thanks, MM

I
Wow!! This is going to be good. Following!!!!

What do you have to do to get a 2uzfe to run on it's own? Do you have to flash the computer like a LS? Is there any threads her on how to motor swap a 2uzfe?

Thanks, MM
I did a bit of research and when it came down to it just a lot of going over the original Tundra electric manual. It helped that I had the entire Tundra to pull harness and components from. Once you have the complete diagram it's just a matter of tracing the sources back to the appropriate fuse/relays and incorporating your own. I paid Kelvin at CarTunes NZ for his written instructions. $135 US, however he took a few weeks to get me the files and I had already figured it out on my own. A bit frustrating but his files did clarify the C/O relay better for me, so it's not a total waste. Plus I might need his help with some other loose ends later? As far a threads there are a couple, most of the info I found was for cars and 4runners, from Google searches. But it really doesn't mater if it's running a log splitter or a car it just needs power to the correct circuits. I don't know that I understand enough about electronics to get a manual to run correctly though. I think that would require some new hardware, tricking the ECM.

I

I did a bit of research and when it came down to it just a lot of going over the original Tundra electric manual. It helped that I had the entire Tundra to pull harness and components from. Once you have the complete diagram it's just a matter of tracing the sources back to the appropriate fuse/relays and incorporating your own. I paid Kelvin at CarTunes NZ for his written instructions. $135 US, however he took a few weeks to get me the files and I had already figured it out on my own. A bit frustrating but his files did clarify the C/O relay better for me, so it's not a total waste. Plus I might need his help with some other loose ends later? As far a threads there are a couple, most of the info I found was for cars and 4runners, from Google searches. But it really doesn't mater if it's running a log splitter or a car it just needs power to the correct circuits. I don't know that I understand enough about electronics to get a manual to run correctly though. I think that would require some new hardware, tricking the ECM.
Thanks! I have a 02 Sequoia with a 4.7 and it is bullet proof. I have thought often about what it would take to put one in a 40 or 55. I am glad to see that it is a option and that there are few people doing it. Thanks again!!

I love seeing your son weld. My son started when he was about nine as well :)

@bobm thanks that helps. I assumed that's what needed to happen but I just wanted to be sure. Please confirm the tear drop behind the the lower fender then caps over the rocker at the bottom with a 90° bend that makes it way to the bottom of the vehicle flushing out with rocker, correct?

Any thoughts on weather this "tear drop" supports the fender with the rubber padding to minimize deflection in the fender, or is just to clean things up visually when the door is open, and more of a wheel well liner? Also what
are most people using to replace the rubber?

Not sure what your talking about 🤔😳😉
Rush55's comment about pigs retaining water, or the "Tear drop"? Unfortunately I think we all know about pigs retaining water. Bob in your first photo you can see the panel with the foam still attached for about 8-10", which I am calling the "tear drop".

Not sure what your talking about 🤔😳😉

. Bob in your first photo you can see the panel with the foam still attached for about 8-10", which I am calling the "tear drop".

Piece of sheetmetal hanging out in space with a 90* bent edge on the front of the lower portion of the A-pillar. Gives support to the rear portion of the lower front fender. Most people probably call it, you know, the thing. All pig fenders are created equal, and partly held in place by, by you know, the thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom