Builds 1964 FJ45 Short Bed Fixed Top Pickup Restoration (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That looks so much nicer!! Love it!

Found the good stuff today. I had ordered a bunch of this white rubber running board material a while back. Finally able to locate it today and plan to get it over to @wngrog one day next week.

AF3FAB69-2DFB-4D07-AC0A-220A891E6E68.jpeg

Man. That’s a scary thing to do.

I’m going to go get some of the recommended Permatex for the gasket before I bolt it all up.

Easy kit with Walbro that just requires 4 tack welds to hold the backing place for the screws they secure the pump and return.

This is pretty mandatory for the fuel injection as the old tanks don’t have provisions for a return or a good vent.

85BA8BEB-6917-4D29-BE4F-B2538DA839AC.jpeg

F95171CC-611F-4527-854F-A4CF659BCBA0.jpeg

EE9D66C2-B22A-40ED-A80B-DC013FF8C820.jpeg

I’m going to go get some of the recommended Permatex for the gasket before I bolt it all up.

Easy kit with Walbro that just requires 4 tack welds to hold the backing place for the screws they secure the pump and return.

This is pretty mandatory for the fuel injection as the old tanks don’t have provisions for a return or a good vent.

Rad you did it with an in tank pump and mini hydra mat!

View attachment 2279750

View attachment 2279751

View attachment 2279752

Looks great! Basically the same one @FJ60Cam sold me for my 60! Make sure you do use the permatex on gasket and threads on each screw. I sprung a couple leaks without it.

I don’t know how much these shops work on these nicely painted trucks. I scratched everything just putting these 4 parts on.

It’s all got to come off again but man. I needed to see it

580FCA16-2183-489D-B693-768AD8435E2A.jpeg

I don’t know how much these shops work on these nicely painted trucks. I scratched everything just putting these 4 parts on.

It’s all got to come off again but man. I needed to see it

View attachment 2279978

That looks great. Working around the fresh paint isnt enjoyable until the task is over. Depending on how well the fenders are coated, a jumper ground to the body of the turn signal light might not be a bad idea. It’s hard to get to bare metal with the mounting stud/nut.

Last edited:
Got some of the internal parts in that Powder Keg Coatings finished.

Beautiful stuff to go with a beautiful truck.

Still looking for that Large 67 and older 4WD knob please.

2F0A7A50-A2AD-485D-A5F2-5D4FF8536ED4.jpeg

Amazing build thread. Giving me plenty of ideas.

First is giving the paint time to fully cure. It's pretty soft at first.

Next trick is masking tape. Not the beige stuff - the blue (good), yellow (better), or green (best). It's not just for masking off before paint, it's also for protecting the paint when you're working around the painted surfaces afterwards. ;)

First is giving the paint time to fully cure. It's pretty soft at first.

Next trick is masking tape. Not the beige stuff - the blue (good), yellow (better), or green (best). It's not just for masking off before paint, it's also for protecting the paint when you're working around the painted surfaces afterwards. ;)

Great tip. Thank you

This is the fun part. I love this beautiful powder coated stuff. It’s tough.
9079CF9C-68BB-4AA7-BCBF-9AE75C2F43F0.jpeg

The wiring harness on this truck is beautiful. The only problem is that it had so much overspray. I worked real hard getting the exposed wires clean and was working even harder to get the paint off the black loom tape when I realized Beno tossed in a roll of Toyota tape in the last box.
8069AACE-0EEA-42C8-B0D5-5452CE492E7A.jpeg

Even though it will have to be taken apart again, most all of the truck will be assembled before it leaves my shop for Mosley Motors for the drivetrain install. A lot of this stuff will be out of the way so it won’t have to be uninstalled

I love an Elephant Horn. Does anyone make the repro stickers for these? @SMG?

56D99E79-6C13-4214-ABB6-304B80702183.jpeg

Interior stuff. It still has the stock fuse box cover
373EBD26-B9DB-45EF-8D29-A42B62996442.jpeg

The firewall has a few extra holes but I’m getting them plugged
5F9B5FDA-5BDD-4818-BC85-5519F9B07E1B.jpeg

This is the fun part. I love this beautiful powder coated stuff. It’s tough.
View attachment 2281183
The wiring harness on this truck is beautiful. The only problem is that it had so much overspray. I worked real hard getting the exposed wires clean and was working even harder to get the paint off the black loom tape when I realized Beno tossed in a roll of Toyota tape in the last box.
View attachment 2281184
Even though it will have to be taken apart again, most all of the truck will be assembled before it leaves my shop for Mosley Motors for the drivetrain install. A lot of this stuff will be out of the way so it won’t have to be uninstalled

I love an Elephant Horn. Does anyone make the repro stickers for these? @SMG?

View attachment 2281185
Interior stuff. It still has the stock fuse box cover
View attachment 2281187
The firewall has a few extra holes but I’m getting them plugged
View attachment 2281186

Nice work, be careful you are toeing the line into the dark side.

Nice work, be careful you are toeing the line into the dark side.
I would never worry about such nonsense on any of my piles of junk

Check horn wiring at relay.

Is the main harness getting any protection?

Check horn wiring at relay.

Is the main harness getting any protection?

I’ve not hooked any of that up. What are you asking ? I’m looking for a sticker

Yesterday I ventured out of quarantine to run a few errands. Top of my list was getting this truck registered. Well, actually I bought a boat that I needed to get registered and figured I would knock out this truck and the 63 as well. Only problem is that Leon County is shutdown and you cannot register a car or do anything in person. Seems like an essential service to me but whatever. What a drag. But, the neighboring county to the East was open for business and got everything handled with no hassle.

It looks like I will be over at @wngrog’s early next week to drop off some stuff and see the truck. Can’t wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom