What do i have on my hands? FJ45 Fixed top (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello, I just picked up a FJ45. It is a split window fixed roof. The car was sandblasted and then sat in a garage for 10 years. Im insure of the history before that. No vin, no title. The car is free of rust and any dents except a small ammount of rust on the bottom of the roof pannel (shown in pictures). I tested a small area with 100 grit and it cleaned up the surface rust on the body, so I have to yet do that. The interior is in good condition and free of any rips or scuffs.

I would like to cut out the pan from top of the fire wall to bottom of the rear cab glass and build a tube chassis for the car. Interior & gas tank will be removed. I was just curious of how rare/desirable this 45 is compared to others and what you think the value of it is.

Thanks!

edit: 1963, split window, fixed top, fixed windshield, triangle-sided tool box, tall backed 60 40 seat, and top-shifter tranny.
20230902_175533.jpg
20230902_145950.jpg
20230902_175223.jpg
20230902_145938.jpg
20230902_144722.jpg

Last edited:
I believe it’s a 1963 non removable top FJ45. Nice and clean.

Rare and desirable, but only complete and original. If that is all you have, build as you wish, these cabs are small, so anyone over 5’11” is going to be tight! I remember this for sale a couple years ago for 10k!! Hope you paid less!! Great base to build a killer 45!!

Fixed windshield and doors with full length bead and down hanging interior handles and triangle-sided tool box and tall backed non-FJ25 driver’s seat and top-shifter tranny hump and gauged oil pressure and charge (not idiot lighted) = mid- to late ‘63. 😂

Assuming everything is original.

Last edited:
It's pretty rare and pretty cool. You can buy complete original aluminum replica bodies that are stretched. 45 cabs are too small to build into anything but a cool stock show truck to get ice cream in. At least I would never bother with one, that's just me. I know Fab rats built a rock crawler out of one they take on trails, but I don't like being that cramped.

Fixed windshield and doors with full length bead and down hanging interior handles and triangle-sided tool box and tall backed non-FJ25 driver’s seat and top-shifter tranny hump and gauged oil pressure and charge (not idiot lighted) = mid- to late ‘63. 😂

Assuming everything is original.
You know your stuff!

What is it worth guys?

What is it worth guys?

worth what someone will pay for it,

I don't think the market is there for a fixed top versus removable top

as stated above the cabs are small versus a removable top model.
fixed windshield was 62-63 only, later used bolt on plates to attach the windshield frame, instead of hinges as the top didn't come off so the windshield could not be folded down, so no hood bumpers
the aprons are wrong, no reflectors on the early ones
nice as it is solid, but without the rest of it, install on a 40 frame and make a small fletbed bed, or build what you want

in stock form the fixed top used a different bed than a removable top

Last edited:
Wonder where the ice cream shop is?
IMG_4533.JPG

Scan here for some relevant background

I would have paid $500 for the top but completely rebuilt my disintegrated one.

You know your stuff!

What is it worth guys?
Looks like its worth:
Rare and desirable, but only complete and original. If that is all you have, build as you wish, these cabs are small, so anyone over 5’11” is going to be tight! I remember this for sale a couple years ago for 10k!! Hope you paid less!! Great base to build a killer 45!!
price is down below $10k now.

30CAD2BA-E5B3-4EA7-AD42-0AA65ACC1CBC.png
144660DD-83DA-41E2-AE4C-AF8CAE5887F6.png
4A0AA94B-D2D5-48E0-A38D-2C634FD9C3F9.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom