Builds Fly By Night (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not to be confused with...
1675006248551.gif

Jealous! The only Toyota I'd trade my Pig for. Saw a low mileage LHD gas Troopy near Joshua Tree a few years ago. Just like his except for the birds. Bought five 16" OEM alloy wheels off another locally. They'll go on the Frankencruiser the next time it needs tires. Those 33" BFGs on the 60 wheels seem to be getting heavier each time I rotate.

Decided I want the engine harness fuse box and the 175amp Megafuses, along with any other auxiliary circuits, to be consolidated into one specific area, right next to the batteries. A company called PowerTrays builds mounting plates for such a use. Their products are limited to more modern rigs, but I love the concept, so I’m going to build one to suit the needs of FBN. Making mine out of cardboard.

FBDDB07D-332E-4F3D-820A-5821D044CA8E.jpeg

36C82F12-AF18-4384-8DF0-0BFBDFCD4B6A.jpeg

I like this idea, but instead of the clamp to hold down the weather pack connectors why not use a bulkhead connector? I'm pretty sure you can find weather pack or metri pack style bulkhead connectors at places like Waytek

I like this idea, but instead of the clamp to hold down the weather pack connectors why not use a bulkhead connector?
Nice 👍🏼
Where are you thinking the bulkhead should come through? From the bottom to the top or out the side of a bent edge? A 90° bulkhead fitting would work great if the fixed side was coming through the bottom of the plate.

Sure you have already considered, but are the cold air in and coolant reservoir also on that side - thinking about space...
Was hoping to also run a FJ62/FJ80 style air cleaner housing on the passenger side. Not sure if it’s going to work out or not. So far, the driver side is still open and hasn’t been planned out yet.

Nice 👍🏼
Where are you thinking the bulkhead should come through? From the bottom to the top or out the side of a bent edge? A 90° bulkhead fitting would work great if the fixed side was coming through the bottom of the plate.
I haven't seen a 90, but that doesn't mean they don't exist. Either top mount or bend a section of that plate to suite the desired location or where space permits

Was hoping to also run a FJ62/FJ80 style air cleaner housing on the passenger side. Not sure if it’s going to work out or not. So far, the driver side is still open and hasn’t been planned out yet.
That area gets pretty tight. I hoped to do that too, but no bueno with the AC compressor and radiator

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom