Builds Fly By Night (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Initial fit in…(!)

As it is, it could probably work. As per usual with the retrofit of a split case into a 55 chassis, the rear of the t-case hangs 2-1/2” - 3” below the frame. The top front of the transmission is very close to the transmission hump flange. The position of the shifter is almost centered to the factory opening on the transmission hump.

I’ve held off doing any painting or coating on the floor in case there was a need for mods at this point. My thoughts are to possibly remove some material from the tub side of the transmission hump and raise the drivetrain a couple inches…
Or say **** it🤷🏻‍♂️🤔

456DFE43-5F4A-4156-BB2D-35E49EF6F804.jpeg

90044F8D-25E7-4055-AB7C-1DFC1AB5B6B7.jpeg

728E159D-736D-4910-9410-F2525CBCF5BE.jpeg

E0090584-7FCB-455D-A4BF-368153212D0A.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks really good Dustin! Have you considered not modifying the tub side of the hump and running a skid plate that drops a few inches instead? I seem to recall you were thinking SOA, so, if so, seems like a case a few inches below the frame rails with a skid plate might work well????

@Roadkilldovii blue FJ55 with 12HT and H55f experienced the same issue with the trans hump being too small/very tight for the H55F. I can't remember what Ben did in that instance though but if you'd like I can probe him and find out.

Rush, have you thought about the @ 4 to 6 degree rake of the motor that is recommended? I tried to raise my transfercase end, but wanted to keep a motor rake all at the same time keeping the oil pan away from the axle and not hitting the hood. :bang: I was unable to achieve a flat belly pan.

IMG_3724.JPG

Made a stout pan that gets its fair share of whacks.

IMG_3723.JPG

Scraps, I’ll have to check what the rake is with my angle finder. It will be hard to know for sure since the rear is mostly unsprung and sits up several inches higher than it will once it gets loaded down.
As far as hood clearance, with the intake I’m planning on getting, it doesn’t appear (at the moment) that it’s going to be an issue 🤞🏼

Went with the Wix filter. I ended up with a KAnd N because it was on the shelf, but I heard the Wix has a better filter count like 20 microns or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom