Builds Fly By Night (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Earl.

No. Same pressure either way, the advantage to putting the regulator on the return line is you don’t experience the pressure drop when the volume demand increases on higher performance engines running bigger injectors and pumps.

Earl is great name for a pup.

Maybe we need to bring all the dogs to the next Pig party? I'm sure that would go smoothly, a bunch of Pigs and a pack of dogs roaming the campgrounds...

You validated my original thoughts - nothing wrong w/ the old school return line system...

"Maybe we need to bring all the dogs to the next Pig party? I'm sure that would go smoothly, a bunch of Pigs and a pack of dogs roaming the campgrounds..."

J Mack and Leslie might have some thoughts on that...

Step 3 (continued)

Used some CAD to help make the sides, while continuously saying, “CAD”, to myself. Once the sides were on, removed both bottom and top for additional work.

8812DC29-F55E-43C2-8FEA-FF5AE4FF85EF.jpeg

3C95DF1F-D46E-486F-A40D-0409F4C2DEC4.jpeg

27A32E02-3C92-43DB-A4A6-ABB923C4F6C4.jpeg

🤔
255 LPH?

00E31744-5060-4564-9784-1EA22AB2935A.png

I like the Bosch 044.

Beware of FAKES, lots of info on how to spot them. Stay away from Amazon for this one for sure.

That looks like a great pump👍 So nice to have the info there on the page. I couldn’t find hardly any of that on these pumps I was looking at on eBay. And there were no Bosch pumps that would show up on a general search of 255 lph fuel pumps.
Walbro, AEM, Kemso, Quantum...
all looked like cheap sh*t to me. None had specs beyond the advertised “liters per hour”.
Also confused by the barbed ends and rubber or corrugated plastic hoses secured with zip-ties or hose clamps that most “kits” come with. I’ve seen it that way changing out several in-tank pumps - how is that considered effective if the rest of the system has to be built for high pressure? It’s okay to secure a hose in a tank with a zip tie, but not outside the tank? You’d think it would be across the board with what’s standardized. Having high pressure fittings and external lines isn’t gonna do you much good if a rubber hose in the tank splits or pops off a barbed fitting🙄🤷🏻‍♂️

Look into an “In-tank discriminator valve” the black hexagon thing on my photo you reposted.

I always plan on stuff I drive being upside-down at some point in its life and that simple valve will help if you don’t like being on fire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom