99 miles to the new sty! (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

updates: Welp, I managed to wrestle the gas tank back in after having it cleaned and sprayed with bedliner. Also grabbed some new bolts to secure the tank as the originals were rusted. Rebuilt the Carburetor using a crusierteq kit.
Needed new carb mounting studs too. bolted it on, adjusted the choke(still needs some work as its pretty sticky) fired up on the first try! She's running!
next up.... clutch cyliinder and the brakes....Thanks for all the advice fellas :) .

View attachment 3244993

View attachment 3244994

Where did you get the tank cleaned/coated? I'm in the east bay, and recently got my pig started, running off an emergency gas can. I want to get my tank cleaned before attaching it. Thanks.

Where did you get the tank cleaned/coated? I'm in the east bay, and recently got my pig started, running off an emergency gas can. I want to get my tank cleaned before attaching it. Thanks.
Not many of these radiator shops left that do the cleaning etc. I got mine done at A&C Radiator, San Rafael 415-454-3071

Brakes: removed one of the front drums(took a bit) and found them totally dry and nearly
new pads. thought the wet rear of the hub was from the wheel cylinders but nope, looks like I'll need to address the knuckles but thats for another weekend. No fluid in the master so I thought I would fill the resivor and bleed them to find the leak... Well , that was easy. Turns out the master was the issue, leaking below thr resivor and also rusted inside. I dont think they re even rebuildable and even if they are , I am gonna just pick up a new one. bench bleed it and see if that's it for the brakes. I am assuming the other side was also done at the same tim but I might just pull off the drum and make sure.

center dash pad☑️ thanks to @Pigeaten :)

clean drum.jpg

Last edited:
Progress!!! I changed the brake lines in the front and the one on the rear. Looks like there's also a thrid rubber brake piece below the MS, it looked in decent shape but I may get to that one soon too. BEnch bleed / Installed the new MS, bleed all the wheel cylinders and took her for a spin! Big day. :)
The brake pedal is solid but pulls to the right so I checked the adj on the front left wheel cylinders( snug fit) and even with the pedal pressed the wheel still spins. So, I am thinking it might be a frozen wheel cylinder or both on that front left wheel. Had a improvise a bit on the rear brake line as the mounting fitting didnt allow me to use the OEM retailer clip so used a hose clamp 😏 Hoping this next fix isnt too much more then a wheel cylinder. Great to get her on the road finally. Carb still needs some tinkering too but runs decent.

bench bleed MS.jpg
new master.jpg
rear brake line.jpg

Last edited:
A few small wins this weekend while I wait for axle gaskets to be delivered. Installed new NOS dome light & w/LED bulb , NOS front side markers, $$$ . painted front fender vents and added screen to prevent any more wasp nests 🐝🐝🐝🐝. I tried to get the fuel guage working and discovered that the sender is bad,. sender arm at 1/2 tank it only reads less then 1/8 so makes sense that I got zero reading with just 4 gallons. Ordered one off Ebay.

inside fuel guage.jpg

new dome light.jpg

new fender vents.jpg

new side marker lights.jpg

Having some fun! Continued work on the brakes. Ended up needing a wheel bearing seal on drivers side and needed wheel cylinder on same side so I ended up replacing all the front wheel cylinders. found a fuel guage, thats up next. painted both front rims/added a shift emblem. Doooh, the right front wheel freezes when I tighten the lug bolts. hmmmm. maybe the shoes arn't seated correctly. they are fairly new shoes tho.
Looks like I'll have to dig back in there again 😏

front driver drum.jpg

front right drum.jpg

55 on the road again.jpg

new shift emblem.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom