99 miles to the new sty! (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The fuel gauge is in and it works! center dash pad in. Wipers and an interior switched dash light work now too, did a hillbilly exhaust fix with a soup can and a few hose clamps. 🤣

ASE certified exhaust wrk.jpg

working fuel gauge.jpg

Last edited:
Always nice when you fix something!!!
The gauge was a used one so wasnt sure it would work, but yes, fixing this stuff is nice and seems most every small switch, light ,device, cable etc has needed attention in some way. Its taken a while but there is progress. These small successes keep me motivated it seems. :) DoIng the work at a sloweer pace has the benefit of giving me time to think about how to take the right approach instead of running at it guns a blazing and have to redo or screw something up. :turtle:

Last edited:
So, where did you find that new one? Is it a rebuilt one or new OEM? I'm sure others could file that info for later use.
I bought it from fjparts.com , believe its new. It is stamped GMB not sure it thats OEM but appears to be pretty well built.

water pump.jpg

oh and this happened. Its the orignial radiator so its brass. tried using JB weold but knocled it around while installing and it came off. solder this back on? maybe there an easier fix..😒
broken overflow tube.jpg

Arrrrrgh. After wrestling the gas tank around and spilling a bunch of fuel chasing a leak ,I discovered that I missed connecting a hose the feeds from the top of the tank into the gas fill hose. Decided to drop the tank again and replace a few of the old worn vent hoses. I also broke in half the fuel hose that screws into a threaded piece on the tank. Had Orme brothers in LA make me a new one. It was a bitch getting that thing back on the fixed line but w some heat and little oil I managed to get it connected. Fuel tank work has to be one the worst project to do IMHO.

Also removed sanded primed , painted and added a clear coat to the front bumper , brush guard , grill and light rings.
front before paint.jpg
front painted.jpg
fuel hoses.jpg
grill , light rings paint.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom