Builds 60 Frankenstein Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cool, that looks great. Are you putting the "diff lock" indicator light in too?

I'd be interested in your old tach if you are selling it. Gotta find one somewhere.
Pat, I will put the diff lock indicator in when I install the locked axles. I have all the wiring out of the 61 for this. And I believe McGuire will be using this tach as he needs one for his 12HT. If that changes then this will be yours.

E94E8F77-A65B-4102-85A3-48015BA1BC90.jpeg
B7A36858-A402-4634-9269-B563A644262F.jpeg
Hey Galen...

Getting close :)

58A1BBCE-2350-46D5-BD36-398F4D41A507.jpeg
CFAA1231-3D0A-4E73-974C-89EA52DC17F6.jpeg
Sevens straight up :).
Taking a ride with @davelovesfjs and @CaptClose
The odometer hit sevens all the way across. We were actually making a run to Napa for wheel cylinders on Dave’s cruiser. Both of his were frozen

1B55E460-5618-4271-81DC-CFC50DF007F4.jpeg
Once I finish this 12HT conversion then I’m getting back on my truck. Already bought sliders from @lcwizard. Have my sons old rear swing out from 4runner. And will load up the old ARB for the front. Want to have some protection so I can hit it a bit harder in CO this August. Even considering putting in the front cable locked axle. Depends on how much time I get.

How do you like that rear bumper? I'm debating on that one, a 4x4Labs kit, or a Kaymar.

How do you like that rear bumper? I'm debating on that one, a 4x4Labs kit, or a Kaymar.
The one from 4Runner? I do like it. Mcguire and I bought the kit years back and put it together. I need to update it with the integrated stops. Plus, for me the price is right :). MJ switched to an 80 frame and could no longer use it. So it’s just sitting idle so I’ll put it to use.

View attachment 1894057 Once I finish this 12HT conversion then I’m getting back on my truck. Already bought sliders from @lcwizard. Have my sons old rear swing out from 4runner. And will load up the old ARB for the front. Want to have some protection so I can hit it a bit harder in CO this August. Even considering putting in the front cable locked axle. Depends on how much time I get.

Get it!!!

So what do y’all think. I picked up some nice 40 Steel wheels from @FJ73Texas Matt. Want to run them on my 60 but not sure about the color. Do I stay black or get them powder coated in silver like my brother (@kmj64 ) did on his 40??? Gonna flip my 33 BFG’s so the white letters are out. I’m gonna installs first gen ARB front bumper with 4Runnners DIY swing out rear. Also installing some of Dave’s sliders. So I understanding this do I stay black or go less murdered out with a lighter color?
CF17D514-A7E4-48C6-B7D4-07C96DFE7A50.jpeg
63B26E68-F006-4BA9-8FC7-1FD949F7A4E7.jpeg

WHITE LETTERS IN!!!!

I think that everything else is a tossup and is dealers choice.

I vote either the black or go with a really dark grey. None will look bad because steelies are sweet but i like the dark grey best. Perhaps do the same on the ARB.

On mine I am working on a super dark grey metallic with matte clear. Doing the wheels and door handles in that, as well as some of the grille trim. Black on the front and rear bumpers and roof rack (I think)

Wow. No one likes the letters out. I always liked that. Plus it’s period correct with the 60’s. At least that’s what we did in the 1980’s :)

I like the setup as is with that exact tire/wheel color, looks really good, even gloss would be nice. I could also really enjoy dark gray, Such as the toyota industrial enamel that’s used to touch up forklifts.

What tires/size are on the wheels you test fit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom