Builds 60 Frankenstein Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CenTXFJ60

SILVER Star
Threads
image.jpg Ok...first of all I'm not new to MUD and did have an ID (mcguirejohnson) before it was high jacked by my son. The good is he's turned into a true cruiser head and he's done some great work on the 60 we gave him when he started driving a few years ago. I've been working on this build for a few months and MJ has been pushing me to document it on MUD. Therefore I had to get a new ID. Long story short is this rig is a combination of two totaled 60's (if there's such a thing). The frame and drive train came from a white 87 roll over out of Austin. Another MUD member (Matt) rolled it at hidden falls. The body and interior came from a blue 86 which had a jacked up frame from hitting a culvert. This rig is out of Pheonix and made it to TX via a salvage pool. Danny from Wimberly 4WD parted it out. I'll add a few more pics, but these are early ones of them both. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Like your 2240..lol..I need a barn like that...show interior[/QOTE]
I do like that tractor. Best gift my father in law ever gave me. I see you're in the Lubbock area. I spent a great part of my life to that city and the university the resides there.
Like your 2240..lol..I need a barn like that...show interior
I agree on the tractor. This is the best gift my father in law ever gave me. I see you're in the Lubbock area. I truly enjoyed that city when I went to Tech in the late 80's. As for the interior, the carpet and two door panels were in great shape. I've sourced seats, a crack free dash and other door panels from different salvage yards. We've been pretty lucky to find a few (85 &86 models) with the darker gray that I need. Here are a few picks. Still have a lot to put in, but will wait until in paint the exterior. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

I apologize about all the random pics and partial posts. Working on the internet via my iPhone is not going too good. I'll be happy when the APP is available again.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Here's the latest update. I found an 85 with gray interior at a pick in pull in Corpus Christi. Picked up some nice rear seats, door panels, and a rear hatch. Scored a nice set of SOR floor matts as well ($1.50 each). A little power washing does wonders. Also have a shot of a basket roof rack my son is making for his 60 (the red 87). I'm certain he will do a nice job so he's agreed to make me one as well. I'm working on getting it running this weekend. Hopefully I don't run into any major snags.

Need some feedback. Got it running, but fuel is dumping into the carb while running. When u let off the throttle, fuel pours in from the top (larger) jets. I'm not a carb expert, but is there not something that regulates the fuel delivery? Like a check valve of some sort? I'm running an electric pump with a block off plate where the Mchanical went. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks

...via IH8MUD app

There is a float inside the carb that I believe does this... @FJ40Jim should be able to easily answer this question if not one of the other guys.

I did take the carb apart and the bowl was clogged up with some bugs etc... The gasket crumbled so I guess its time for a rebuild. I threw on a Weber I had from the white 87 (the rollover) and it fired right up. Surprisingly this thing runs really good. Any suggestions on who I should send my stock carb in to get redone?

...via IH8MUD app

I've heard a lot of good things about JimC's work. Can someone provide his user ID so I can contact him? I've tried searching with a space between as well as running it together (JimC or Jim C). No luck so far. Thanks.

Thanks for providing Jim's information. Here are a few pics after piecing the body together. Still have some alignment work to do on the hood and rt fender. After I replace the rear lift hatch, the count will be 5 different cruisers to make one clean straight one. Unfortunately I have to redo some mechanicals which pains me to go backwards. This engine came out of a salvage yard and after checking the compression I decided to drop it in. The rear main was clean so I did not change it. It obviously dried out and it's now leaking. Plus the used (exceeded minimum thickness) is not cooperating either. Will put a new one in.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1398607639.982757.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1398607673.338014.jpg

...via IH8MUD app

Going blue. The core is an 86 blue which is my favorite color on the 60's. I'm getting everything aligned and then I'll take the panels off and paint the back sides and the roof. Assemble (except the hood) and then shoot the whole vehicle.

...via IH8MUD app

J, I tried to start a conversation with FJ40Jim and the web site stated I was not authorized to send him a message. Not sure if this is my error, but I've never seen anything like this. Any suggestions on how I can get in touch with him? I'm looking to get my 2F carb rebuilt. thanks,
Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom