Dodge '87 W350 Cab & Chassis Dually (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

mattressking

10 digits to freedom
Threads
Well I don't venture over into the dodge forums much at all, so this is where I'll dump pictures as I go...

1987 W350 Cab & Chassis. It is a retired California Fish and Game truck that thankfully didn't get the common floor/roof rust. Currently a 360 with Np435/Np205.

Plans are sorta simple, I picked up a full width dana 70 rear axle to swap out the cab & chassis D70. Next is where I'm debating....2.5" or 4" and then 33s or 35s. Truck will maintain the stock coined wheels, just add rear spacers. Once its relatively cleaned up to my liking, it'll be time to swap in a 12v.

Back when I first picked it up during the summer my buddy was kind enough to let it sit in Reno while I was overseas. While I had Christmas break, I took a very quick day and a half 1300 mile jaunt from Idaho to the SF bay area and back with a couple stops at In n Out, a semi-ok but the only decent burrito between Idaho and Winnemucca....I finally have the truck and axle here.

I'm slowly starting to clean it up and removed the Fish & Game vinyl. Overall the paint is pretty good considering its past life so I will only be cleaning it up, no repaints. The tray....will probably get a coat of black paint and either relocate the box or get a different box, not too sure yet.

AgtdHpPh.jpg

rrWxkS1h.jpg

oVSvn65h.jpg

PUXzE6Ih.jpg

KKwjxKCh.jpg

IpTmFh2h.jpg

2AAheMUh.jpg

PMbkHWjh.jpg

SRwRolPh.jpg

uPHZxfsh.jpg

I like it. I worked at a Dodge dealer in the way back. Some pedal pads and a seat and it will look great. The 360 can make great torque for days in a truck.

I like it. I worked at a Dodge dealer in the way back. Some pedal pads and a seat and it will look great. The 360 can make great torque for days in a truck.

Exactly, it’s going to get a good cleanup and replace the missing bits once it warms up and I can strip interior down and reassemble.

Slowly but surely tires are showing up, 7 weeks out for the rear spacers to arrive…. These will fit real nice, very happy I didn’t opt for 33s.

IMG_7232.jpeg

Baby steps....rear axle is loose, I just need some time/light to actually swap over and then swap yokes/install new pinion seal. Once the '93 axle is installed, the rear outers will push out 2.5" then the spacers will kick it another 3"....so for those that are athletes, not mathletes.....5.5" more poke out back.

Good news….no lift needed, but it will get 2.5” front and 1” rear bump.

IMG_7292.jpeg

IMG_7308.jpeg

Still waiting on rear spacers - likely they won’t go on until after Singapore.

Ran up to Spokane/Coeur d’Alene to buy a VE-pump motor, hopefully can get this stabbed in place in the next month or so once I’m back. Since I’ve got a few days before I leave I stopped off in Pendleton for one of my last decent burgers for the next few weeks….

Motor will just get cleaned up , injectors, turn up the fuel with a HE351CW. 900ft lbs is the goal so it’s a nice reliable truck with ac.

Also found a mint gray dash at the junkyard so I yanked everything to change interior color to gray.

IMG_8110.jpeg

IMG_8109.jpeg

IMG_8113.jpeg

IMG_8054.jpeg

IMG_8086.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom