Builds 1997 FZJ80 to HDJ80 1HD-FTE + H152F (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I would really love to have a few Porsche’s again but the current farm doesn’t really lend itself to non 4x4’s. No easy access.
I can speak from experience a 928 will successfully go quite far off the beaten path.... and back again!

How about a 1973 1/2 911 2.7 Carrera RS?

6307C87D-A241-45C6-8D32-935C1A194BF7.jpeg
4F343283-CEDC-442F-B099-1C89418C2D9E.jpeg
4C457E2D-FD62-43AA-96EE-A110A7DAA103.jpeg

*EDIT

I sent Rhys at GTurbo a rather stern email and he circled back around. We now have the chips we needed ordered and setup for our configurations.

🤙

Cheers

Last edited:
I am going to post a bit if a rant here, mostly because I am seeking a better contact of said company and hoping somebody can provide one.

GTurbo: My shop has spent $50k, USD by the way, on their products in the last year or two. So ya we got a little bit of expectations simply due to coin spent.

There main guy Rhys, this guy sucks badly at customer service. I have a question about one of their products and this guy ignores me. He sends me half a sentence with cost and nothing else. I ask questions about the product to clarify before purchase, thousands of dollars by the way, and this guy goes silent. You have a customer (my shop), a business none the less, who has spent a lot of cash on your products, been very easy going, no stress, no hassle and no rush. Bank wire money directly to you as well. Come back to buy more products and get a tiny bit of tech on products already purchased and this guy ignores us!!?? WTAF? This is a no go in my shop and yes it upsets me.

Really nice products GTurbo offers and sells, we love them! Their customer service though blows chunks. They should fire Rhys in my opinion cause this is BS.

So does anybody have a contact higher up the food chain at GTurbo? I have about had my fill of this Rhys guy.

Cheers
It's been a few years since I bought my GTurbo but I have had the same short responses from Rhys. I ended up calling them around their opening time in Australia. I can't remember who I spoke with, but I remember that the person was really helpful. (I am almost thinking it was actually Rhys again... but he was much better on the phone) I had blown up my very old GTurbo and needed another shipped very quickly to make to to the Vermont Overland Rally. The person on the phone understood my situation and created an order while we were on the phone. He kicked off the process and sent the completed order over to Brittany to get it shipped. She called me the next day to finalize the shipment (I added a PDI airbox to the order). The order went out in a really short time. I contacted Brittany directly when I had a missing coupler on my PDI intercooler and she took care of it very quickly as well. This is getting long winded... maybe try calling first? Or email Brittany directly for non tech stuff?

I am going to post a bit if a rant here, mostly because I am seeking a better contact of said company and hoping somebody can provide one.

GTurbo: My shop has spent $50k, USD by the way, on their products in the last year or two. So ya we got a little bit of expectations simply due to coin spent.

There main guy Rhys, this guy sucks badly at customer service. I have a question about one of their products and this guy ignores me. He sends me half a sentence with cost and nothing else. I ask questions about the product to clarify before purchase, thousands of dollars by the way, and this guy goes silent. You have a customer (my shop), a business none the less, who has spent a lot of cash on your products, been very easy going, no stress, no hassle and no rush. Bank wire money directly to you as well. Come back to buy more products and get a tiny bit of tech on products already purchased and this guy ignores us!!?? WTAF? This is a no go in my shop and yes it upsets me.

Really nice products GTurbo offers and sells, we love them! Their customer service though blows chunks. They should fire Rhys in my opinion cause this is BS.

So does anybody have a contact higher up the food chain at GTurbo? I have about had my fill of this Rhys guy.

Cheers
I’ve reached out and he sent me a response within a few days. I’ve also phoned him and he was beyond helpful and extremely accommodating. Had my order prepped and sent to the shipping folks while we were on the phone as he was walking through the Gturbo shop.

Rhys is ok in my book.

So as John has mentioned the gauge cluster has been failing. It is from the HDJ80 donor truck he had and was really trashed. We repaired the circuit board twice using copper ribbon tape for circuit boards and coating the repairs afterwards.

These circuit boards have been NLA for awhile now so we cannot get a new one. I was able to get a couple used HDJ80 (1HDFT) clusters in really nice condition.

In addition to this the older GTurbo chip kept giving us a code right out of the gates. It is simply a boost code so not that big of a deal but needs to be remedied none the less. GTurbo basically was unable to help trouble shoot the issue. Lots of talk out there of the old chips being not so good.

So we got the new GTurbo chips that are now manufactured by Unichip which has a far better reputation. These are paid for and in route to us soon if not already.

Once we get the chip we are heading down to Johns place in Florida to swap in the new cluster and install the new chip. These new chips also have three selectable tunes.

Since John has had the 80 home he has put close to 10,000 miles on it, I guess he likes it! 🤗

Cheers

GSP?

Looks similar. Pretty cool. Is your dog a super spaz like my sister’s GSP?

9,800 mile update. Planning to do an oil change on Sunday.

I bought a farm a few miles north of my current location and have been driving this truck back and forth - adding up the miles. It is about 35 miles round trip and 80 percent dirt roads. This truck is a dream to drive with the suspension and manual transmission.

The new seats have a great center material. Hey @c2dfj45 is that velour? They are beyond comfortable and the best Scheelmann I have ever had.

There is a new unichip to install as well as fixing the instrument cluster issues. I cannot think of a single thing I would do different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom