TLC 1997 TOYOTA FZJ80 LAND CRUISER $225K (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'll take two please!
"Based in Harrisburg, North Carolina, TLC has specialized in restoring and outfitting Land Cruisers for over 25 years. TLC's latest creation is a youngtimer FZJ80 from 1997, a tribute to the peak of automotive excellence. Wearing Axolta Imperial Green with Mystic Gold cladding, TLC fit a 430 horsepower LS3 V8 under the hood with a custom stainless steel exhaust, Magnaflow mufflers, and a 4L65E automatic transmission. Brakes have been upgraded to DBA units to handle the extra power, with Fox dampers and OME springs rounding out the upgraded suspension. Inside, the seats have been reupholstered in Relicate Leather with plaid inserts and an Alcantara headliner, with Dynamat insulation to minimize road noise and allow the JVC head unit and Kicker speakers to shine. This pristine Land Cruiser is available for sale now."

Source

Wait, they installed "DBA brake units", which afaik consists of rotors and pads.

Maybe if they park it inside a temp/humidity control garage and wait 50 years, by then inflation might catch up to the asking price.

Or, maybe it's worth $15,000 without 100 photos and a few reams of paperwork showing what has been replaced or rebuilt.

I think the wheels are the ugliest part about it. (other than the price, of course) However, one would think that for the hefty sum of $250k, they could at least have installed a matching shift knob cover.

those wheels

1692205848789892.jpg

I agree with others, the wheels are a joke at that price point and the interior looks to mish mashed. I actually like the brown plaid inserts and seats but the grey shifter with tan wheel and dark brown arm rests just doesn't do it for me. I wonder if the seats are custom Scheel-Mann's but they cheap out on the wheels so I'm not holding my breath they are.

I’d rather buy a single owner all original sub 100,000 mile mint 80 series on BOT for a quarter of the price of this Frankenstein truck. But yes, to each his own.

These wheels are straight out of the 90’s and look appropriate on a 90’s Land Cruiser. What I disagree with is the power plant swap. Seems more realistic to ask a quarter million dollars for an 80 where the serial numbers all match even if a power train rebuild took place.

Where's Joe Rogan when we need him?

My guess is it’s a stage 3 restoration, so literally torn down to body off frame with every bolt checked and replaced (or so they claim they do with stage 3). I’m sure the labor and parts come out to a lot of money, but that doesn’t mean anyone should pay 200k for a “new” 80 series… but like others have said, if you’ve got that money then it probably isn’t “too much.”

I’d rather have a home…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom