Gauging interest in 45LV window weatherstrip kit. (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

c2dfj45

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.c2dusa.com
I spent some time last week with my glass guy looking at my LVs original window weatherstripping stuff....going thru books and looking at stuff he had on hand. We found some really interesting things. Stuff that was WAY better than I expected.

It arrive today and I was able to put some. VERY pleased.

In my research for this particular part of my project, I spent a lot of time looking at previous builds, part numbers that people used, etc. Came up with the JC Whitney stuff(most part numbers were not good)....everything seemed to be OK...nothing impressive. So...with that being said....in addition to my hinge bushing/pin kit....what about a window/seal/rubber/felt kit of sorts? Any interest? I'd include what I got from my guy:

Window channel felt(goes inside the window track)
Outside window seal/wiper
Inner felt strip
Push on trim with weatherstrip for door jambs
Rear tailgate weatherstrip(I have not explored this with him but I'm not too worried)

Maybe it makes sense to have it all come from one place....maybe not. I know I would have been interested.

I'll detail the install in my thread on the LV's build:

My 45PU has an LV for a friend...

20170425_184523_resized.jpg

P4257381.jpg

P4257382.jpg

P4257389.jpg

Yep, I'd be interested. Your door jamb trim looks like a good fit, which is sometimes tough to find. If the rubber seal is large large...slam the door to close...too small, leaks and road noise.

If you come up with the individual pieces, just Buy it in bulk, have a kit as well as some individual piece prices.

I'll figure that out as I go.....whatever I can do to help out with other 45s. Figured it would be nice to have it all available at one place.

I plan on gluing on my door jamb stuff in areas it doesn't want to stay. My doors are so tight now(I've done 2 doors) that I have zero rattles. Really happy. I did not go with the normal round bulb style...I found more of an angular rubber trim piece. Looks good and I like how it fits against the door. I'll show a pic tomorrow.

I'm going to try to do kits vs. a-la-carte. I do know that I paid nothing close to what Steele or Trim-lok gets for their stuff.

I'm looking for some window runs. Looking for something similar to the pre 74 style. I haven't been happy with any of the offerings from the cruiser suppliers.

Sat down with the glass guy today, he was going to work up some pricing for me....and he was going to check supplies. I'd like to have some kit pricing worked out by Monday or something. I want to try and make sure that this stuff is easily shippable. I'm not really a retail parts/sales business...I do this stuff(and some other cool low volume Ferrari/high end bike parts) for fun mostly.

I'll sort it all out and get back to everyone...the wheels are in motion though and these kits will be produced.

Yup....there was an order placed on Monday/Tuesday....so maybe tomorrow we will have all the material. I will put together 3 kits. 2 are sold(although I have not heard back from the PM I sent to the person that wanted them). There will be 1 kit available...but if the other 2 aren't paid for, then they will be up for sale too. It will take me about a week to get a kit together once we get rolling and everyone is happy with what they get(it works....there won't be any complaints).

I will work out the pricing once this stuff arrives and it's ready to be broken up into kits....we are going to precut the longer runs of material(metal backed) so we can ship them easier(and cheaper). The end user will trim a few inches off to make it fit.

I hope to have the new glass in the one rear door tomorrow so I can see how everything fits!

PM me if you want a kit or want to be on the list...PMs make it easier for me. Thanks.

I was able to get an update on the weatherstripping...looks like the window channels got held up. They are expected to be off backorder on 6/10. So not too much longer. Everything else is ready to go.

We were able to reassemble a door today with all the new weatherstripping, glass, etc.....everything went together really nicely. Really happy with the fit and look of everything.

Now it looks as if the backordered parts are going to be in this week....so I think we should be in good shape to get these first kits put together and pricing sorted out.

What I plan on doing after these first few kits is taking firm orders/deposits from people who are interested so I can do a much larger run.

P5247908.JPG

We are good to go.

First 3 sets came in, all is well. This kit covers the window channels(4), the outer window wiper rubber(4), inner door felt(4) and the body to door seal with vinyl trim that pinches on body seam(50' total).

The door wiper rubber and the inner felt are cut at 24" each for shipping. The rear doors are 22", fronts are about 20" I think. So you'll trim to fit.

If you'd like a kit, PM me or email at chris@c2dusa.com and I'll put you down for one and give you payment instructions. I'd like to do orders for 3-5 at a time. I will probably keep a kit in inventory as well if somebody needs one ASAP. This will ship in one box, 19x19x5, 13lbs.

P5257924.JPG

P5257919.JPG

P5257917.JPG

P5257922.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom